9- Four Faces Meet Again

The next morning, Zoya decided to go to the Hooda mansion since she never gave a proper answer to Sahir. A million thoughts surrounded her mind. She looked at the mirror. "Kya hum ye kar payenge..?" She wondered and stared at the helpless reflection of herself. A tear dropped from her eye. Wiping it away, she got out of her room and noticed Maya was nowhere to be seen. "Kaha chali gayi?" Zoya went to Maya's room and saw everything was strangely fine, no signs of anything being broken. "Kal kya hua tha pata bhi nahi hai... khwaab jaisi lagrahi hai ye sab..." She gave a heavy sigh and left. ~

Sahir had no work today so he sat alone in his room, staring at the ceiling and remembering the previous day. "Kitna kuch hua kal.. pata bhi nahi hai Zoya kya kahegi... baat tak nahi hui ab tak." He was tensed. A knock on the door interrupts him. "Come in." he says and Victor comes in, "Sir, apse koi milne aya hai." Sahir nods and Victor leaves. He goes downstairs and was surprised to see who came by. "Maya?!" He exclaimed. Maya smiled.

Sahir: andhar ao please, baitho.

She comes in and they sit on the couch. Silence took over for minute. Maya finally spoke.

Maya: Sahir.. i know kal jo kuch bhi hua bohot sudden tha, aur mai waha se aise nikal gayi thi.... I let my emotions get the best of me, im really sorry. Bas yeh kehne ayi thi ki, im totally fine with your decision. Meri feelings meri problem hai dont worry. I hope humare beech sab kuch normal rahega.

Sahir felt relieved, he didnt realise how he held his breath while she talked. Giving a sigh of relief, he continued.

Sahir: Maya, tumko itni chinta karneki koi zaroorat nahi hai. Thank you for understanding. Kaal ko ek bura sapna soch kar bhul jaate jein aur ek nayi shuruwat karte hai.... ek collaboration ke saath kyu nahi?
Maya got surprised.
Maya: So tumne consider kiya? Thats great! This will be a hit for sure!
Sahir: Uske liye pehle ideas and strategy discuss karni hai so why not start from today? If you dont mind kya hum upar mere kamre me ja sakte hain? Waha sab files bhi hai.
Maya smiled.
Maya: Sure why not!

They got up and were about to take the stairs when Zoya made her entry. Sahir was both shocked and surprised.
"Maya and Zoya ek saath? This is bad news...." He got nervous and looked at Maya.

"Zoya?!" Maya noticed Zoya. Zoya was also not expecting Maya to be there.
"Maya?!" She was shocked.

To make matters worse, thats exactly when Aditya also came out of his room and found Maya and Zoya at his house. The four just stared at each other. There was complete silence.

"Ab hum ye kaise karenge Maya ke samne!??" Zoya was filled with fear but she knew she had to do it. She slowly took steps towards Sahir. With every step she took, Sahir got more nervous, Maya got more angry, and Aditya felt more hurt.

Zoya: Hi Sahir.
Sahir: Hi...
Silence filled the house. Aditya stared at Zoya helplessly.
Sahir: Zoya, kal jo kuch bhi hua... uske baad na tumse mil saka na call kiya... Abhi bhi pata nahi hai Adi kal aise kyu behave kiya lekin haan ye zaroor janta hoon ki jo bhi ho, kal hum sab ke liye hi bohot stressful tha.
Maya was very confused, unaware of what took place here yesterday.
Maya: ek minute, kal kuch aur bhi hua tha..?

The three were silent, not knowing how to reply to Maya. Sahir didnt want to hurt Maya so he tried to change the topic.
Sahir: uhh Maya woh collaboration ke bade mein discuss karni thi right? L-lets go up-

Zoya: nahi.

The three looked at her, Zoya had no emotion in her face.

Zoya: jo hoga aj, sabke samne hoga. Maya ko bhi sab sunni padhegi.

Deep inside, Zoya was breaking into a million pieces, she barely held it all together. She wanted to scream out loud and cry, but she couldnt. She couldnt let her love fail, because whatever she was doing was all for the sake of her love for Aditya. Aditya stood a little distance away from them, Zoya looked at him.