In My Own Little Corner

In my own little corner in my own little chair. I sit pondering the thoughts circulating in my head.
Do you want me? Do you love me. Or are we just stuck in the same ol routine.
I use to be your everything. The first thing you looked forward to seeing. Now we barely even speak.
I miss my best friend the way things used to be. What changed in us. How did we grow so far apart.
You use to caress me oh so tenderly when you said my name it use send shivers down my spine. Now it's like you're a distant memory.

Or is it me my love that has changed. Is it that I want more. Is it that I have become more than you can handle. My mind becoming more freer.

Can we mend what once was or do we simply let go. Even though it might hurt for awhile I'm quite sure it would be for the best.

Even though we have drifted apart. Deep in my heart I will always love you. For we share something time can't erase.

So this is my farewell my love. Thank you for all we have shared. I leave you with the memories of our lifetime spent together. Remember me please each time the wind blows or our song plays. As I will remember the remnants of your smile. The sweet taste of your kiss. The caress of your skin. As I sit in my own little corner in my own little chair.