Chapter One - Welcome Back

It had been only an hour since she got back. Back to her room. Her real room. With her real bed, real desk, real dresser, and real mirror. Not the back porch of her Aunt's house. On a couch, with busted up windows, a raggedy couch, and old, splintery wooden floors.

        An old mirror with cracks sat in the window, next to her end table-desk completed the package. 

        That was not her room, despite what her Aunt had tried to get her to accept.

        Wen was there for a few months, living there while her family disputed money problems. There was so much fighting going on that they didn't want her around to see it, afraid that it would traumatize her.

        'Yeah right.' she thought. 'they just wanted me out of the way so that I wouldn't be a burden.'  

         Wen flopped down onto her bed, rolling around in the sheets. All she could think about was getting to see her friends. well, friend. It had been months since she'd last seen Levi. 

Now, she only had to wait a few days. 

He was on a trip with his family, they went down to his grandmother's lodge to celebrate his mother's engagement.     

        Levi...

        A smile crossed her face as she thought about him. Wen really did miss him. He made her feel like she was a human, not a rag-doll like her father made her feel. 

        She rolled around in her bed's warmth, looking around her room. It was the same as it had been when she left. Meaning that her parents had left it alone while they sorted out their various problems.

Usually, they'd sell at least a few of her more important items so that they could pay the bills (once, it was her entire bed set, frame, and mattress, her drawing desk, and her keyboard.), but this time, it doesn't seem like much of anything was gone. Not like she really cared. 

It was still pretty empty, whether they'd sold something or not. The walls were still white, her bed was still here, her fifteen dollar, garage sale bought key-board was still sitting in the corner of her room on he floor. Every thing seems to, mostly, be in place. 

Wen looked at the wall, thinking of what to put on it to make it less bland. Sometimes, she would paint on it. Putting a cherry blossom on it was her favorite thing. 

        Her favorite place to paint was on the blank space above her electric keyboard. It was usually reserved for when Levi came over, he loved this part of the wall just as much as she did. Probably because it's where the piano was, the boy could hardly tear himself away from it when he came over.

        Wen would usually invite him over when she was feeling sad, or when he just showed up at her house without warning. Sometimes, he even let himself in. Not that she minded, her parents, however, were a different story.

        She stared out the window next to her piano wall; it was getting dark out. The sun lowering from the sky. Wen had only spoken to her parents once today, and that was when they picked her up. 

She didn't quite enjoy the thought of talking to her mom and dad at the moment, still trying to understand why they had sent her away for four months.

...

        Clink... Clink.

        Her ear twitched at the sound.

        Clink.