The interviews

I was whisked away back into the styling room. The stylist undressed me and yet again I was standing alone, clothes-less, in the middle of the room.

I shiverd as a cold breeze wafted through, and I was grateful when Lily returned with my outfit. It was a white dress with a fluffy skirt and irregular black spots all over.

I was unsure if the skirt would even fit in the interview chair. They slipped me into the dress along with some simple black slingback heels.

We left the room early to avoid the crowds and then found a spot to wait offstage. Ceasar Flickerman, dressed this year in bright yellow with blindingly blond hair, opened the show by telling a couple jokes, then beckoned the first tribute onto the stage.

She stalked up to the stage and flipped her hair dramatically. Through her whole interview, she played the giggly blonde angle. The other interviews flew by, some tributes joking, some being sickenly cute, and others being tough.

I jerked as I realized I hadn't decided on an angle to play, and I certainly didnt have time to practice it. Lily shoved me out on stage as Ceasar Flickerman called my name. I tripped over my dress and stumbled onstage. I recovered and smiled just in time.

"Been drinking have we?" Ceasar smiled.

I laughed good- naturedly and said, "I dont drink".

"So what is it like, living in district ten?" he asked.

I though for a moment, then replied "It's like one big farm. Since we are in charge of livestock, all the cattle love in one big pasture and we all work to take care of them,".

"So Dylan," he started, "Is there anybody special back home?" My heart skipped a beat. There was. Ceasar smiled knowingly.

"There- There is this boy... But that doesnt matter. He's with someone else, and he doesnt even know I exist," I stuttered.

"Oh?" Ceasar said. "Well just work on winning for him and I'll check back with you! Andmit looks like we are out of time for Dylan, but we will see her in the arena! Good luck, Dylan! I walked offstage and sighed with relief.

A young girl walked up to me and led me away. I asked her what her name was, but she just shook her head. Then I remembered what she was: an Avox. A traitor to the Capitol.

I shuddered as i followed the girl to a small yet luxurious room labeled "DISTRICT 10, FEMALE" in large black lettering. It was nice to know the Capitol collected us and stuffed us in labeled jars like a science experiment. The little Avox girl snuck out behind me, and I was left alone. I took a shower in water that smelled fruity, then collapsed in bed. My last thought before I drifted off was this: Today was the last day I was garunteed to live.