A girl and the sea

Once, there was a young girl, no older than 8. Her name is Queila. Queila is cased over from her small village because she is a different child. Shes a smart child, but the village always want to focus on the other girls there. That didn't stop her from being herself. She is a curious child, always exploring new things, so one day, she sneaked away from her village. She walked towards an unknown path to her knowledge, and as she was walking, she noticed a few birds flying the same path she is. After she reached to the end, her breath was taken away. This is the first time in her life that she has seen the ocean.

The ocean looked like a calm, salty pond that goes on forever in her point of view. And, because of the calming waves that passes by and the fish in the sea, she felt...calm...calmer than a few days she had. She looked st the breathtaking sunset at the ocean, her heart feeling warm and fuzzy. She felt happy, happy and calm. From that day forward, she continued to go there everyday. She brings her book there just so that she can read in peace, she would bathe in the salty water, or there were the days,where she just sat at the sand, her eyes looking at the ocean and the life that lives in it.

As a child, she always asked herself, 'why do you want to do in life?' That question stick by her mind. She's always so confused on what to do in her life. But now, looking at the sea, her career choice was to become a marine biologist. No questions asked. To pursue her dream, she went to the big city to study more about the marine life. Now, 13 years later, she is back as a diver, but whats left of the ocean shocked her. There was plastic, plastic everywhere. She dived into the sea, and it made her heart boil with anger to see so many trash in the ocean.

The next day, she did her research about the sea. Her discovery left her in tears. For more than 50 years, global production and consumption of plastics have continued to rise. An estimated 299 million tons of plastics were produced in 2013, representing a 4 percent increase over 2012, and confirming and upward trend over the past years. After this, she became an Outdoor and Experiential Educator like Anna Switzer. She wants to raise awareness, and is now hoping to work alongside the National Geographic crew. Now, she looked back at her past and think, 'All my hardwork, it was worth it.'

"The least movement is of importance to all nature.
The entire ocean is affected by a pebble"

-Blaise Pascal