American Dream (Yandere! America x Capital! reader) pt. 2

Requested Byjustworkalready

· ‥ ... ━━━━━━━ ☆☆ ━━━━━━━ ... ‥ ·

   The American Dream was nothing but a lie. It's a supposed better future, a better life. Perhaps it was because the world would be in a constant state of turmoil that no matter what people tried to do, something would always go wrong. And people just wanted something resembling safety and comfort. 

  It fooled the most hardened of minds. 

   (Y/n) Jones was in a constant mood of melancholy. Many who did not understand, often envied her. Her looks, lifestyle and her husband were all to be desired. Most did not see, nor did they conceive that she was, in fact, a bird stuck in a gilded cage.

  ☆

     Alfred hummed softly as he continued to brush your soft curls. His cold fingers would graze your neck ever-so slightly. It no longer made you shiver. Instead you gazed at the bouquet of flowers sitting at the edge of your vanity. 

   It was a gift you received quite often. Once at the beginning of each week you received a bouquet of various flowers. Each one you despised equally. This bouquet especially rubbed you the wrong way. Orange lilies, purple carnations, yellow hyacinths, and red rhododendrons; they all screamed a hidden message.

   Sometimes you thought Alfred purposely chose these flowers to taunt you. Everything he did was cold and calculated. Every touch, every word, every look, every single thing he did was for his own gain. 

"What are you thinking about sweetheart?" Alfred's hot breath fans your ear, bringing you out of your daydream. 

"Flowers." You respond simply. He chuckles and lightly kisses your neck. 

"Do you like them? I originally wanted white lilies but they ran out." He lets out a small 'tsk' at the end. 

"Hm." Your gaze lingers on the bold red rhododendrons. 

Beware, flee, run, escape

  A small sigh escapes your lips. You wish you could, your previous attempts had never borne fruit and the punishment you received after you were caught put a stop to your actions quickly. From the corner of your eye, you spot Alfred looking at you through the mirror. 

"Something wrong, my love?" He cocks his head. He places the brush onto the vanity as you shake your head. He chuckles. 

"You're lying to me~" He stares into your eyes through the mirror, amused. "What's eating you up inside?" He smiles. The bright smile makes you shiver. Behind such a radiant smile was a sinister man. 

"I just..." You pause, trying to think of an answer he would like, "I just think that white lilies would have been better." Alfred hums in thought, 

"As the hero, I promise to do better next time." He kisses the back of your head. 

  Silence envelops the room as the conversation drops. As Alfred starts to braid your hair, you start to awkwardly play with the lace cuffs of your blouse. Today, Alfred was taking you outside the house for dinner. Going outside was a rarity, and after being forced to reside in a house with a literal psychopath; it was wonderful. 

Knock 

Knock

  Alfred's hand movements cease in an instant. Your jittery movements stop too. In an instant, the atmosphere becomes tense and you pray to whatever God hears you to protect whoever is on the other side of the door. Alfred did not like to be disturbed when he was with you to put it simply.