Chapter 35: Rachel Gardner

Zack POV

I leave quickly and run back upstairs to where I saw bedrooms earlier. I throw the plate on the door and hear a click. I open it up an step inside. "It's just a plain room." I look over to see a large bed. Damn I wish (Sara) was here right now......No...no....not time for that now...... I look around the room some more to find a box with a key inside. This is probably for that damned box in the basement.

I run back down to the basement and run to the chest and open it with the key. GOD I HATE ALL THIS POINTLESS RUNNING! It starts playing happy music...... "So its a music box...." I look around more and nothing is changing, its just a kids play room. I look inside the box and see something inside....more plates with writing on it.....maybe this goes to the other door upstairs....I feel like I have see this writing before....I left the room looking at it and gray could see i was trying to read it.....

'Would you like some assistance reading that?"

".......no......no thanks I don't feel like having someone else read it to me." He smiled at me and I made my way back upstairs. I use the plate on the door and it opens just like the last one.....the writing on the plate is really bothering me...."Is that....Rachel's name?" I thought about our time back on Cathy's floor and the time I saw our profiles and it clicked! "I knew I saw them before! I was hostilely excited to recognize a name. All the letters matched what I had seen before! "So this is Ray's room then? Wonder why it's here...." I enter her room to see blood on the floor. For this house I am not surprised I can't tel if its normal or not. The room itself is pretty boring though. I see a T.V. on the ground of the room and turn it on. The second I do something starts playing through the static. "The remains of Mr. and Mrs. Gardner were discovered at their private residences. Based on their injuries this is being treated as a homicide with Jill the Ripper is the main suspect with her string of murders erupting as of late." Gardner.....so that was Rachel's Parents....They thought (Sara) did that?  The story continued, "Found more then a week after their death... the remains were mutilated and sewn together unnaturally with thread." (Sara) doesn't sew.... at least that I know..... "The daughter of Mr and Mrs. Gardner was found and taken into protective custody, however... Her trauma to the incident it currently being questioned for the record." The video changed immediately to a video of Rachel and Danny.

Reader POV

Zack had run down the hallway and Danny currently had is gun down, but I knew before I could close the gap he would have shot me down so I stayed quiet. He and Rachel, whom had finally woke up were watching the T.V. that was recording Zack's adventures through the house. I didn't dare watch them. I already knew what was going on here. Those corpses look like Rachel and she hated being here was enough proof for me. This was Rachel's floor, Rachel was shocked and freaking out about Zack and I finding out about her past. I looked at them when I heard Zack was hearing about the story of Rachel's parents. I knew that I had been the main suspect of that family. I didn't think she was that Gardner and I only ever saw the news in the paper so I had never seen her face, surprisingly it was the two murders I hadn't done. I knew they would blame me before ever blaming her. I got up and the second I was off the floor Danny had his gun pointed to me again. I calmly walked up to them and he kept the barrel to my back as I looked at Rachel.

"So why'd you do it?" She seemed scared to answer.

"....."

"Hey you know my and Zack's story.....its your turn, or should I just look at that profile over there?" I started walking over when Danny grabbed my arm. "I won't let you touch anything of Rachel's if she doesn't allow it."

I looked at him in the eyes and a lewd blush came over his cheeks when he saw my eyes, "Is that so?" He let go of me smiling and I took the profile. "Rachel Gardner, 13....I was silent for a moment when she ran up to me and tried to take the profile from me..... I was holding it up where she couldn't jump and reach it. "No no Rachel, you got to dissect me and Zack, now it's your turn!" I gave her a light kick and I felt Danny Cock the gun to my head.

"Do that again and I will end you." I looked at him, he was barely holding his composure looking at me in the eye. Man he's just a horny idiot.

"I very much doubt you could." I went back to the profile "Rachel Gardner, 13 Rachel is a known sociopath, living in her parents emotionally abusive and neglectful household. One day her parents got into an altercation ending in her mothers death, Rachel then took the family gun and shot her father killing them....." She was on the verge of a break down. "That's heavy Rachel, killing your parents and then sewing them together..... Make me look like an angel." She was getting mad at me and that was Danny's last straw. He walked over to Rachel and gave her the gun Zack had thrown away.....fucking hell....

"I found this on my travels my dear Rachel, I even filled it up for you. Use it to your hearts content." Great now it's two against one. I looked over at the T.V. to see Zack was done with the room and was running back this way. Danny smiled and went over to the door to unlock it. A moment later Zack was banging on the door and Danny said, "It's open you can come in." Rachel was holding a gun to my back and the second Zack burst through Danny had a gun to his.....greattttttt....