Arrival - 02

I swear if I have to sit in this plane any longer I'm going to scream. My sister is snoring beside me, my TV screen doesn't work and my portable phone battery is going to die soon. Luckily we still have 7 hours.

I sigh to myself and runs my fingers through my hair and hold my temples trying to block out the up and coming headache. I lean my head back closing my eyes thinking of what my new room would look like.

Daydreaming as I look out the window I suddenly feel.. very alone. This world is huge, and I just left all my life long friends halfway across the world. Pressing my forehead up against the glass I sigh looking out at the stars.

I'm too anxious to sleep, I want to get off this plane and see what my life ahead holds. Pulling out my phone I pull my knees up to my chest and scroll and scroll until my eyes get droopy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to the voice of the pilot thanking everyone for flying with them. Holy shit... we landed. I'm officially halfway across the world. I grab my carry on bag yawning as I fix my pants. I feel as if I could collapse right now and sleep peacefully on the peanut wrapper covered ground.

My mom looks at me and smiles, "this is where we begin our new life girls."

My sister only grunts as she walks in front of us, jet lag hits everyone differently.

My mother wraps her arm around me and we begin walking after my sister, we wait together and giggle quietly as we listen to everyone's accents, we would defiantly have to get used to that. Gathering our stuff our mother speaks up, "girls, my old high school friend is coming to pick us up, shes real sweet but please be polite."

My sister smiles sleepily, "when are we not polite?" My mom rolls her eyes playfully and we all wait as we look around.

"What does she look like?" I ask looking around,

"There she is!" My mom is smiling bright and walks over to her hugging her tight. I see a boy waiting behind her with blonde quiffed hair. I look at him curiously but look down before i get caught staring.

"Girls, this is Mrs. Hemmings." She smiles, "oh please, call me Liz." Liz replies "this is my son Luke," he just lets out a shy smile and a small hi. "hes going to be in the same school as (Y/N)," she says proudly.

I introduce myself to Liz, "hi, I'm (Y/N). It's nice to meet you."

Liz hugs me tight, "trust me sweetheart I know you! of course you dont remember me, you were just a baby when I met you," she says sweetly. I smile along with her.

"and Charlotte! Youve grown so much!" she says also pulling her into a hug, Charlotte just smiles and nods. "You must all be so tired, we can catch up in the car, but lets get you home." she smiles and starts walking and whispers something to Luke.

Luke gives her and embarrassed stare and walks slower to walk beside me.

"My mom said I should help carry your bag..." he said glancing at my stuff.

I look down at my stuff, "You dont have too, its really not a big deal." I reassure him. He takes one of my bags anyway and he silently walk at the end of the group.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are currently sitting in Mrs. Hemmings car and I got stuck between Charlotte and Luke. Charlotte keeps asking questions about things we pass by in the car and Mrs. Hemmings just laughs and responds. Shes pretty nice, Luke is quieter, hes sitting on his phone texting or something.

I glance at him when he chuckles a bit and nudges my shoulder, "look at this"

I look down at his phone and see the picture he was showing me sent by someone named Cal-Pal. I giggle softly reading the text "Thats pretty funny," I say with a smile.

He smiles a bit then goes back to texting. I look over at Charlotte when she nudges me with raised eyebrows, I roll my eyes and lay my head back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We dont go to our house straight away, since we dont have furniture, so for tonight the 3 of us will be staying in Mrs. Hemmings guest bedroom. At least... we are going to try.

I listened as my mother and Mrs. Hemmings told stories about the past and laugh about old times,

That night I slept on the floor in the guest room just wondering what my new life would be like.