love

╔═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╗

two

╚═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╝

song recommendation: love - taemin

Gently opening the heavy, wooden door of the art room, I enter. The overwhelming smell of acrylic paint almost knocks me off my feet. A few people are seated around messy tables, scattered with art supplies.

Walking over to an empty desk, I drop my bag by my feet and pull out my sketchbook. The sketchbook which is filled with landscapes and an assortment of sceneries. I open up the book to a fresh page. It's blankness reflecting the imagery in my mind. I can't think of what to paint.

I glance around the room, in search of any inspiration. The closest window seat is taken by two boys around the same age as me. One of the boys makes eye contact with me, immediately scowling. I recognise him as Huang Renjun; a Chinese exchange student with a fierce yet kind personality. Smiling at him, he rejects it by facing the window again.

I wonder why Renjun is here? He's never shown any interest in art, so why would he join an art club?

My questions are answered when Renjun leans back slightly, revealing the second boy. Lee Jeno; Renjun's best friend. The Lee Jeno is here, after not attending school for almost a month.

He looks different.

His inky black hair is longer than what I remember, covering his almost lifeless eyes as he stares out of the window. Every other time I've seen Jeno, a giant smile would be on his face, turning his round eyes into small crescents. This time, his lips are pressed tightly together as he frowns.

He speaks to Renjun in a low voice, and Renjun looks pained for a second. "Don't speak like that, Jeno. You don't mean that." Renjun's worried expression matches his scolding voice. Jeno abruptly stands. "I wish it killed me. I wish I was dead, Renjun." His stone cold voice, echoes around the art room, tainted with pure poison.

The leader of the art club, Taeyong, scurries over to the two boys. Placing his hand on Jeno's shoulder, he whispers to them. Renjun nods solemnly, taking Jeno by the waist and almost dragging him out of the art room. 

A/N

this book is really enjoyable to write, and I hope my enthusiasm for writing it is shown through my words (does that even make sense??? lmao) 
I should be studying for exams but I want to keep writing ughhh

- c   :)