►Judge Criteria

Want to become a judge? Have you never judged a contest before but you are extremely curious about what it's like? Well, this is the place for you. Just like the regular rules, judges have their own set of rules they must follow in order to be accepted as a judge in this competition. Please remember that this is my first time HOSTING a contest, please let me know if I'm missing something or something looks horrible. 

What are the requirements as a judge?

1. You must be active. I've seen many contests that go through judges because they don't respond in time and scores are released late. If you are unsure how active you'll be, please don't sign up. 

2. Do not accept bribes from contestants. 

3. Read each entry carefully. Which means, depending on how short or long the story is (if it's short, read all) and if longer you must read five chapters *not including introductions, cast, playlist, etc. However, prologues do count, you just have to read 6 chapters instead.* For your 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners please provide a review. 

4. If you have questions, comments, or concerns, please message me right away. If you notice any story that have anything that I mentioned should not be in it, please let me know so I can handle the situation.

5. I need to know if you will accept LGBT and Mature rated books so I can give you 5 stories to read that might be of you liking.

JUDGING SCORES

 I will be providing a Google Slides so you can fill out the scores for your entries. 

100/100 total score.

Title: 5/5 (Consider if the title actually goes with the story)

Cover: 5/5 (Is the cover breathtaking and something that you would want to pick up? Does it go with the story?)

Summary: 5/5 (How interesting is the blurb? Does it interest you? Is it well-written?)

Plot: 20/20 (How interesting is the plot? Are you engaged while reading or does it bore you?)

Characterization: 20/20 (Are the characters engaging? Are they interesting and like-able? Do they seem realistic and not 2D? Is the characters well developed and not lacking?)

Grammar: 15/15 (Do understand that not all people have the time to edit their book to perfection. Is it neat and well-written? Do they follow standard or basic grammar rules?)

Creativity: 10/10: (Is it completely original? How creative is the story? Does it lack cliche? Or is it full of cliche?)

Feels: 5/5 (How did the story make you feel emotionally? Did you cry when someone died? Did you cry or feel sad when the main character felt sad?)

Descriptions: 15/15: (Does the author use decent or well descriptions to write their story? Are you able to visualize everything?)

Judging forms will be published tomorrow.