↠ 5 ↞

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸,ø°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5: Why did you lie to us?

«────« ⋅ʚ. ɴᴀʀʀᴀᴛᴏʀ .ɞ⋅ »────»

Stan Pines was in the underground laboratory beneath the Shack that was hidden by the vending machine, working on the universe portal. Stan pulls a lever, and green fluid pumps into large, glass tanks.

He knew this was the only thing to make things right. He had to, for everyones sake.

"Come on, come on. Should be just enough to finish the job." Stan Removes his fez and glove, and without knowing, wipes toxic waste on his forehead, which sizzles and briefly glows jade green.

"Whew. Can't be too careful with this stuff." The familiar to Stan, red lights flash and a buzzer goes off. Stan smiles and turns to look at screen. The screen reads "EVENT INITIALIZED" and an eighteen hour countdown begins. He knew he was- no IS making things right.

"Warning,blah blah blah...Extreme usage could result in minor gravity anomalies.'oh Can it, Poindexter!" Stan slammed the burgundy journal shut and continued on with a motivational speech for himself to continue,

"I've come this far. I'm not givin' up now!" With his built up courage he pushed a button, and the portal began to spin, reminding Stan of where it all went wrong and ruined 3 lives because of him.

"Yes, this is it." He said as his fez floats off of his head.

Outside the Shack, rocks float off the ground, along with Gompers the goat.

A boat lifted itself out of the lake. In the scrapyard, broken-down cars and junk lifted off the ground, and inside McGucket's makeshift shack, a blue light blinks, illuminating the sleeping and floating McGucket and the functioning laptop which now reads "ACTIVE" under an image of the portal.

Back in the Shack, Dipper and Mabel, as well as Waddles, floated off their beds, but sleep undisturbed. There is a resounding "thunk" as everything in town touches back down to the ground.

No one wakes due to shifting and rumbling along with the floating.

Stan sighs, nervously towards the swirling ivory and sky blue portal and he knew something,

"It's gonna be a bumpy ride, but it'll all be worth it." He glanced at what appears to look like a large wristwatch with the steadily ticking countdown, still displayed on the monitor.

"Just eighteen more hours. Finally, everything changes. Today." He knew that he was doing the right thing especially since it was all his fault.

With a sigh he went back upstairs praying to whatever entity there was that nothing happens to the portal.

♡~~~◇~~~♡

Mabel was running down the halls, followed by a tired Dipper groaning with Mabel who had an excited grin on her face.

"Ahh! It's here it's here it's here!" She bounced as she ran and Dipper sighed with frustration that it was so early in the morning,

"Okay, so I was just opening random doors - because I'm a creep - when I found something amazing!" She put emphasis on Amazing and Dipper tiredly rubbed the sleep out of his eyes,