Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Martha excused herself to another room make the call and I took the opportunity to contemplate the whole incident while Eric remained quiet all along. I admit deep down I'd always been ambivalent regarding spiritual or paranormal - just because I hadn't experienced it, it doesn't mean is non-exist. But somehow, this time I know for a fact it's true as it was proven merely hours ago. I didn't know who Amauri and Viviane were and I had no idea what or how I'm going to do it. At the moment, I told myself the only thing I could do was to gather information in order to find a way to either remove or, if possible, destroy the haunted mirror.

It took Martha sometime to finish the call while I went into the kitchen to prepare drinks. When she finally reappeared, she wore what I hoped an encouraging smile.

I asked her immediately "Did you find out anything?"

"Not much but one of his sisters confirmed she overheard the story when she was little. She also told me they have an Aunt who might know more, she lives in a caring home on the outskirts of town. So I called the Auntie and arranged to meet her tomorrow morning."

"So there's nothing we can do until then?" I said disappointedly.

"I'm afraid not. I did try and ask to see her today, but she said she will be in some kind of engagement later today." She said apologetically.

Relieved we had found a lead, but at the same time I was worried about facing the mirror alone in the house, I became nervous instantly.

Noticing my distress at the predicament I found myself in, she asked, "Do you have anywhere else to spend the night?"

"I can ask a friend of mine later when I see him." I answered. Although not sure if that was the right decision.

Upon my insists, Martha conceded in the end that I would pick her up tomorrow morning to see this aunt, I thanked them both and before they leave.

Instead of hanging around at home, I called Derek to tell him I would meet him at one of the local bar/restaurants where we often went for meet ups .

The place was fairly empty when I arrived as it was still early. I walked up to the bar, sat down and ordered myself a drink to ease some of the tensions I've been having since last night. I started feeling both fearful and curious at the same time thinking back the whole event and was worried what kind of effect it could have on me. I started having a debate with myself whether I should tell Derek what happened since we last spoke on the phone and ask for his help, but was holding back for the sake of giving him the wrong impression and had his hopes raised. He was a good loyal friend, gentle and caring, also fun to be around. But I guess that was the problem; we were too familiar with each other it was almost like brother and sister.