Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

"What did you use?" I couldn't contain myself any longer.

"As if by fate, when it lunged at me, at the time, my hand so happened to be next to the basket that contained my jewellery. I panicked and instinctively grabbed whatever I could to throw but one of the rings accidentally got stuck onto my finger. Nevertheless, at the time, I didn't notice as I was throwing whatever I could get my hand non-stop but of course, it only went straight through." Grace continued.

"Then I felt myself being pushed against the wall forcefully, lifted and was thrown across the room, landed first on the rail at the end of the bed then dropped onto the floor, cutting and imbedded myself with the debris from the light bulb. I was in excruciating pain, dizzy and light-headed, I tried to shout for help and stand up, again, I didn't have enough time."

"Just as I was struggling to pull myself up, it came back at me as I could feel the strong wind but this time, out of sheer despair, I put my hands out and tried to block it. Surprisingly, it backed off immediately. I didn't know what happened or how, but it sure gave me hope. So I plucked up my remaining courage and strength to try again, it flew back further from me as if afraid of me. I gained more confidence each time I tried, and this time, it was me that was rounding him until it disappeared."

"By that time, the whole house was awake and rushed into my room. I was so relieved to see them, yet barely able to stand because of the pain, I collapsed on the floor and lost my consciousness."

"By the time I woke up, it was two days later and in the hospital. It turned out I had three fractured ribs and laceration around my torso and thighs, one narrowly missed the artery on my wrist and covered with bruises. It was that close for me." She sighed.

"I asked my parents what happened after I fainted or if they believe me, they kept quiet and refused to answer. When I was discharged from the hospital to return home a few days later, the mirror was gone and the room had been cleaned as if nothing ever happened."

"My suspicion grew seeing my parent's reaction. And most important of all, when I was leaving the hospital I realised I was still wearing the ring I accidentally put on."