Chapter 18: Skepticism

A/N: I was right! I'm so bored today, but classes are almost over for the day, so here's your double update! I figured this might happen, especially seeing as I'm as mute as it comes, so social life is a moot point. Right, I've received some PMs asking why I get so bored in class, don't I have a social life, and I regret to inform ya'll, no, I'm actually a mute, I cannot talk to people because of my problematic no-tongue. Sooo, have fun!

Frisk

The noises stopped, then all I hear is a strange scream, like something was dying or in too much pain for words. Chara was probably dead by now. Or, at least, I hoped so. Sans had obviously seen my arm and started to fight Chara about it. He's still protective of me! The thought would've warmed my heart, but this meant I now knew a weakness. He must be keeping my eyes closed so I don't see the mess. Thoughtful, but pointless, as he'd probably be too lazy to clean up the body.

Chara

How? How could I let this happen? Why did it have to be sans? His own son... The bones around me glowed a comforting blue, before darkening to the black I knew so well from my Void, my safe home, my prison. I knew what would happen if I stayed too long. My back hurt, just like they were flying for too long. I screamed as they burst out, and realized that the bones didn't go very high. I could get out, but I didn't want to accept the gifts and curses of the VOid. They, however, flapped anyway, and the top of the ceiling grew closer. I went limp and impaled myself on the bones. It wasn't worth living if that meant death would keep its prize. I blacked out.

sans

The wind stopped, but I watched black feathers fall as large wings lifted Chara from the cage, and promptly dropped her straight onto the bones. Gaster turned from Frisk, and screamed an obvious mockery of Chara's scream, teasing me that I failed, his job was done, and the Void had reclaimed its prize. The grey left as he disappeared, and I found myself back at home facing a puzzled Paps. I needed to get back, so I said, "Sorry Paps, breaks over," and teleported back into the room, frustrated. When I looked up, though, I was in the kitchen and every drawer and cupboard was open. showing millions of knives, all bloody with blood that I recognized from too many genocide runs. Chara!

?????

Friend? Where did you go? Are you finding me? Why can't I find me?

A/N: Chapter 18. Wow, that was a fun chapter to write, right? It's fun knowing the ending, but at the same time, I don't want to know it because of the ending... SPOILERS! Jk, you're gonna have to read the rest yourself. However, I have to say that the story is somewhat halfway done, maybe a little more, so don't fret! There's more... Also! Have a BEAUTIFUL day my LGBTQ+ and straights! In the comments, tell me how your Halloween went! I can say mine went amazingly! I dressed as Dark Alice, but if anyone has seen that costume, I look like the maid from a porno. It was bad... Good day/night! 😁