Launchpad x Reader

Requested by: SkullMuffinBake

Launchpad took in a deep breath as he sighed. He looked towards his best friend, Dewey, who was watching television.

"Hey, Dewey. Can I ask you a question?" Launchpad asked as Dewey turned from the tv to his friend.

"Yeah, sure. What's up?" The young duck asked as Launchpad made his way over to him.

"I need your help with something, because I don't want to make a big fool of myself..." Launchpad said as Dewey smiled at him.

"Huh?" Dewey asked as Launchpad sat down next to him.

"You remember Y/N, right?" Launchpad began as Dewey nodded. "I uhh, I want to ask her out, but I don't know how."

Dewey's eyes lit up. "You want me to help set you two up?" He squealed.

"Yes." Launchpad said. Dewey grabbed Launchpad's hand as he ran around in excitement.

"We've got a lot of work to do." Dewey smiled.

~time skip~

Launchpad sighed. His clothes were clean without a single stain on them, his hair was fixed into a fancy hairdo, and he held a bouquet of flowers in his hands. Something about this didn't seem right.

Launchpad imagines something far different than this. Maybe he should have just planned this on his own.

Dewey's idea was great and all, but it didn't seem very Launchpad like. There was no turning back now.

Launchpad grabbed his phone and dialed Y/N's phone number. He waited a minute or so and he heard Y/N's voice. "Hello?"

Launchpad felt a bit nervous, and so he yelled directly into the phone. "HEY Y/N I KNOW THIS IS COMPLETELY RANDOM BUT PLEASE MEET ME AT THE PARK AS SOON AS YOU CAN I'LL BE THERE WAITING FOR YOU." Launchpad immediately hung up and facepalmed.

He shut his eyes and encouraged himself. 'I can do this.'

Launchpad heard rumbling from a bush nearby and saw Dewey wink at him.

"You got this!" Dewey whisper shouted to Launchpad before hiding in the bush again.

Launchpad looked up and noticed Y/N searching for him. He hid the flowers behind his back and blushed as she smiled and walked up to him.

"Hey LP! Why did you wanna meet me here?" Y/N asked as Launchpad took a deep breath.

"I wanted to give you these..." Launchpad handed Y/N the flowers. She took them happily, yet she was still confused.

"What's this about Launchpad?" Y/N asked. Launchpad was about to say what Dewey had told him to, but he couldn't. It just didn't seem right to him.

"Look, I may not be the brightest person, and I'm definitely not perfect, but... would you be willing to give me a chance?" Launchpad confessed, a blushing mess.

Y/N felt her face heat up. "You like me, Launchpad?" She asked, somewhat in shock.

"Yeah, it's stupid I know. I just didn't want to lie to you anymore.." Launchpad sighed.

"No, it isn't stupid. I guess you aren't the only one that's been lying."

"What do you mean by that?" Launchpad asking, staring straight at Y/N.

"I like you Launchpad. I have for a while..."

Y/N and Launchpad both looked at each other and blushed.

"I just don't understand one thing." Y/N began as Launchpad looked at her, confused.

"What?"

"Why did you go out of your way to look good for me? I like the way you already are, with your condiment stained clothes and and your casual haircut. You don't need to try and impress me. I like you for who you are inside." Y/N said. Launchpad smiled, and the two heard Dewey from behind the bushes.

"JUST KISS ALREADY!" The young one in blue shouted.

Y/N and Launchpad couldn't argue with that, and so, they did as Dewey said.