Hermione Lodge

When you heard the gun shots, you immediately screamed, before running to where they were coming from

When you heard the gun shots, you immediately screamed, before running to where they were coming from. Yes, stupid idea, but the woman you loved and her daughter were there and you didn't want anything to happen to them.

When you saw the body lying there with blood seeping out, you paled a bit before looking up at Hermione, who was still freaking out. "Love, put the gun down okay? He's dead, he won't hurt you again." She dropped the gun (which luckily didn't go off) and you immediately wrapped your arms around her. A sob broke out of her mouth and you held her tight as she cried.

After the police came and statements were made, you took your niece and sister-in-law back to your house before showing them their rooms. Veronica went to bed first that night while you and Hermione stayed up for a while longer, drinking some wine. "Why couldn't I fall for you instead of your brother?" You were taken back from that question, causing you to cough on your wine, before letting out a snort.

"Because it was before gays were accepted, but your mom actually loved me so it might've been okay with her. And remember, you were actually in love with me, you just choose my brother because he stole you stuff," you chuckled as you poured yourself more wine, "I know Hiram does love you and Ronnie, I love you both if not more, and Ronnie is like a daughter to me. And you know I'm not scared of my brother. But... I'm scared for you and Ronnie," you walk over to her and gently kiss her cheek, a bit closer to her lips then it should've been. "I'm tired and have some stuff to do in the morning, night love, and make sure to turn the light's off before you go to bed.

You don't know when exactly Hermione crawled into your bed, but feeling the warm body around you made you fall deeper into sleep, knowing the girl you loved, was sleeping next to you.