ACT

Edo-Era Japan was a relatively peaceful era at the start, at least for the upper echelons of society. However, as the war against Christianity came to a head and the treatment of the lowest classes of society (Farmers and traders) worsened, and many of them saw Christianity as their only hope and this put the Shogunate at unease.

Tokugawa Iemitsu, the third shōgun of the Tokugawa Shogunate declared a state of "Sakoku" or "Isolated country" for Japan.

This policy was implemented to curb outside influences and to try to quell the rising tensions between the classes.

Horrible punishments such as live-boiling, crucifixion and beheadings were doled out to the lower classes at the most minor offenses, whereas the higher classes such as Daimyō and Samurai had the option of Sepukku, where the individual would plunge a special blade into their abdomen and disembowel themselves to perish with honor.

This story takes place during the rule of Tokugawa Yoshinobu, the fifteenth and final shōgun of the Tokugawa Shogunate.

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖

CAST

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖

All characters in this story and most places and historical events mentioned are fictional.

This story might contain upsetting scenes for some viewers. Scenes of gore, violence, domestic abuse, murder and sexual abuse may occur. Discretion is advised.

This story and all art herein are copyright to YACOB.