Torture

The scream that echoed through the deserted corridors was filled with pure pain and misery.

Inside one of the dungeon's torture chambers was a small girl.

She was not a pretty girl, with her tiny figure and ghostly pale skin. Her eyes were bloodshot, and her nose broken. Her dull, brown hair was raggedly cut and short, barely falling to her collarbone.

She was chained to a wall, the back of her shirt cut and bloody. She cried against the cold black wall, hoping it to give her comfort.

The enormous figure behind her was masked. His mouth was set into a permanent scowl, and he was covered head to foot in black. His muscular arm raised the whip again.

"Agree to our demands!" he ordered, "or face the consequences!"

"I won't!" she shakily cried, willing herself to be strong.

The whip cracked.

Her lips parted into a scream.

Droplets of blood sprayed around the chamber.

"Now!" The torturer bellowed.

"Never!" the girl screamed, gasping for breath.

The whip made another mark on her scarred flesh. Bone was now visible.

"This your last chance!" he warned, "Agree, or suffer a painful death!"

The girl laughed weakly. "Will death be more painful than this?" she took a breath, leaning on the wall, "I will be worse off if I accept! Bring me death, I will face it willingly."

The man's mouth morphed into a sick, twisted grin.

"So be it."

Slowly, he stepped toward her, drawing a sharp, thin blade. The dagger gleamed violently in the candlelight, casting shadows all over the dungeon walls.

She took a deep breath, knowing what was to come.

A moment later, she could feel his hot breath on her bare neck, the feeling sending shivers down her spine.

The sharp blade danced across her flesh, seeming to tease her.

"You will regret this, you know," he whispered, "you will regret your choice."

She closed her eyes, trying to calm herself.

"Kill me."

"As you wish," he hissed, and plunged the blade into back.

Her scream was cut short as he took hold of the dagger and stabbed her again. Again, she screamed, tears streaming down her face.

Again, and again, he stabbed her, a pool of blood gathering at her feet.

With her energy leaving her, the only thing that kept her standing was the chains.

She screams became silent ones, and as he plunged the dagger into her side for the last time, she became limp, her eyes glassy, her face pale, and her mouth open into an eternal scream.