Epilogue

(Flash back.. Deal with it)

It all started on a sunny day when I was really small. I saw this young white, brown, and black paint horse out in our neighbors pasture. He was about 1-2 years old. He was beautiful and I loved him. He wasn't halter trained at all. They had done nothing to him at all, he had just stood there all summer and all winter.

I went out to their field everyday feeding the horse and petting him. He seemed nice.. I asked the neighbors if I could borrow their halter. They said 'yes but be extra careful he might bite you' I just smiled and walked away.

As soon and I was sure they weren't going to see me I ran through the field to the horse. I walked up slowly "Hey buddy, how are you today?" He looked at me and perked his ears up. I hid the halter behind my back. I went to the side of his neck and slowly through the lead rope over his neck grabbing the end. He pinned his ears. "Hey your ok bud it's not gonna hurt you.". He stood owl-eared with a look like 'ok whatever'.

I let him smell the rest of the halter so he knew it was ok. Then I slowly slid the nose band over his mouth and on his upper nose. Bringing the top of the halter up over by his ears ever so slowly. "I got it!" I said as I latched the halter so it wouldn't come off. He just stood there resting. I tried walking forward paying close attention to him.. He followed. "YES!!!!!" I said cheering in my mind.

He followed me all the way to the neihbors house. I walked up to their door knocking. The lady answered the door, "Oh my goodness! You caught him!" with a big grin on my face I said, "yeah I did! I love this horse! He's amazing!"

"Well.. Since we don't use him..... Do you want him?" She asked. I smiled with glee "Are you serious?!?!?!"

From that day on, I called him JD