Chapter 17: Lux Penthouse - Dean

Dean was surprised by the helicopter ride provided by Anzu Lux, but this was obviously a man that didn't waste time.

The Lux building right at the Northwest corner of Central Park hosted the African Center from a different entrance and nothing else. Only Anzu Lux and staff could be found in the remainder of the large skyscraper.

Apparently, Lux treasured his privacy more than money.

He glanced at a nervous Gaby, checking her appearance on the elevator's mirror. Why was she so worried about meeting this entitled asshole? 

She looked prim and proper as always but flashes of the images and sensations from the plane shot tingles down his crotch. His cock pulsated inside his pants, reminding him how much he lusted for her. 

As if he needed any reminding... 

Dean clenched his jaw and was compelled to snap a bitter comment at Gaby when the doors opened.

Mustering a polite grin, he faced a very young and elegant woman. 

She was an exquisite female, petite and curvy in her naturally tanned skin, plump pink lips and big catlike eyes. A model, perhaps. Too beautiful for a mere personal assistant. 

Nikki Reynolds introduced herself as they stepped out of the elevator, straight into an immense and luxurious room. The place looked like something out of a James Bond movie, Dean thought.

He followed the young assistant, passing by a grandiose bronze statue of a naked man. It stood tall, the chin pointing upward while the intense gaze stared down, directly at - him?

Dean was about to whisper something sarcastic to Gaby, when realizing that she wasn't by his side, anymore. 

Halting abruptly, he turned back to find her standing right beneath the statue.

Amazement plastered on her face. 

Gaby seemed to be carefully examining the piece, pacing slowly around it and closely observing every single detail. 

Yes, he knew that she was an art major but did she already forget why they were there for?

Irritated, Dean opened his mouth to remind her.

"It's a Rodin!" Gaby decided in marvel. Eyes sparkling with excitement as she continued: "There's no doubt about it! But this piece isn't in any catalog I've ever seen!" She went on, unstoppable. "Dominant, erotic, powerful. And the stare is so... fervent." 

In awe, Gaby came all the way around, discovering a long pair of wings dragging on the floor. She slapped a hand to her mouth. "Angel!" A whisper escaped from under her fingers.

"Dark Angel." A low husky voice reverberated from behind them.

Dean and Gaby turned on their heels to meet the owner of that deep voice and stare at eyes as bright and strange as Gaby's. 

(What?) Dean immediately felt the hair on the back of his neck stand up. He instinctively massaged it and struggled to shake the unmistakable sensation of danger.

The man in front of them wasn't a criminal, for all that he knew. Maybe a deviant and certainly a privileged jerk, but not exactly a crook.

There wasn't really any reason to suspect him. 

The stunned look on Gaby's face bothered him, though. 

(What the fuck?)

He looked up at the statue. It was a perfect match with Lux's face.

Of course, Gaby had reason to be all weirded out. 

Breaking the awkward silence, Dean stepped forward. "Senior Special Agent Jernside," He offered his hand and was entirely ignored. "And this is..."