Chapter 48: Save Me

Outside the cave, the ugly crowd seemed bigger than before, stretching all around on a wide circle.  

Gaby searched for Tyr and Skadi, finding them behind her and close to the cave's entrance. 

Both gave her a curt nod.  They were ready for anything.

Dean had a sword in hand.  It looked like a medieval weapon with a heavy long blade, traditional guard, and a thick grip round pommel to keep his hands from slipping off the grip.

Heavy, impressive and lethal.

Gaby needed to make a decision on that... no weapons for her.  Suicidal?  Possibly...  (Just look at him!) 

Dean seemed to have grown another entire foot and gained even more muscle mass, if that was even possible.

But she wouldn't dare yield a sword against the man that she loved.  

Not in a million years.

Locus remained sheathed as she approached Dean, gradually and carefully.

Dean noticed her empty hands and bared his fangs, clearly displeased.  Without a second thought, he threw his sword on the ground and paced firmly towards Gaby. 

He pounced.

(Oh, crap!)   But light and agile like a cat, Gaby leaped to the side avoiding his attack and pissing him off. 

She smiled, provoking him. "Come on, baby.  Do you want a piece of me?" 

The two of them had sparred hundreds of times and Gaby hoped that Dean would recognize her teasing words and tricky moves. 

But the problem was that Dean won their fights, every time

Gaby trusted that his wins were only possible because the beast and Dean were perfectly balanced, controlled, tactical and having fun. 

Whereas now, she's facing the beast, only.

There wouldn't be a chance in hell for her to win if he were whole. 

And suddenly, everything looked upside down as her head hit the dirt... hard.  (Ouch!)

Gaby jumped up immediately, taking a guard stance, once more.  

Damned her for underestimating the beast.  It wasn't happening again.

It was different with the big heavy wings on her back...

Wait...  Maybe, she could use them to her advantage, since they were like an extra set of much stronger arms and legs.  (Feel them...)

Dean paced around her, arms wide opened.  All that he needed was to get her inside his arms and it would be over.

Little did he know that it was exactly what she wanted him to do, so she could finally reach for his chest... as long as her wings could keep him from crushing her to death.

Again, Dean charged trying to catch her from behind.

Gaby dropped down and one of her wings whacked him on the ribs, throwing him against the crowd. 

Infuriated, Dean grabbed the closest demon and crushed its head in his hands like it was an air balloon. 

It popped.

He darted back at Gaby with doubled fury but halted, confused.

Gaby was laughing her ass off.

What?  The expression on his face was a giveaway.

"It just popped!"  Gaby talked to the crowd. "Did you see that?  I'm going to pee in my pants!" 

Taking advantage of Dean's confusion, she straightened up and quickly threw three more demons at him.  "Do it again!"