Brownies!

Lydia woke up the next morning and she instantly had one thought roaming through her head. She had to see Stiles. With all of the thinking she had been doing, she couldn't think of a well enough excuse to see Stiles so she decided to just bring him brownies.

When she arrived there, she was surprised to see that Stiles looked as if he had just gotten out of bed which seemed pretty odd for him. Every since she had known him, he was always that person who woke up super early and got straight to work. She had really admired that about him back in high school but so many things had changed since then, she didn't know what to expect anymore.

"Lydia, What are you doing here?"

"I made some brownies and I had a lot left over. I know they're your favourites so I brought you some!"

Lydia smiled enthusiastically as Stiles grabbed the plate from her hand and gestured her inside. He headed to the kitchen as she sat down in the living room. Lydia wasn't too sure about what her next move was. Should she just ask him? Her thoughts were interrupted when he sat right beside her.

"So why are you really here?"

He was speaking with his mouth full of brownies which made Lydia laugh. It reminded her of the old goofy Stiles, maybe he's still in there somewhere.

"I just, uh, wanted to see you."

Lydia felt Stiles arm tense up a bit next to her. He stayed silent for quite awhile and he stared off into the distance with a little smirk on his face.

"I really don't know how to reply to that."

The room went silent as Lydia began to think.

What's the worst thing that could happen if I ask him? Maybe I should spend more time with him and wait until he tells me?

"Would you possibly want to go for a walk?"

Stiles could sense that Lydia was nervous. Lydia Martin, nervous around him? Even after so many years, it felt as if they were teenagers again. Stiles couldn't seem to figure out if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

"Oh, okay sure. Let me just shower and change."

Stiles got up and headed upstairs, leaving Lydia alone with her thoughts.

// okay so i changed the writing format to third person because this chapter was really frustrating to write and it worked better this way☺️leave feedback?