Dinner time

Lydia

I walked in and realized that everyone was already there. I thought I would have been early but instead it seemed like I was late.

Allison jumped out of her seat.

"Oh my gosh, Lydia!!"

She bounced towards me and began to squeeze the death out of me and of course I did the same to her.

Over her shoulders, I got to take a look at everyone who was already sitting at the table.

Scott looked much more muscular and had a moustache. Derek actually looked happy for the first time and to the left of him was a beautiful woman who by the looks of it seemed to be his girlfriend. Isaac looked much older with a bit of scruff on his face and his hair was a bit longer. Malia was still annoyingly beautiful and then there was Stiles.

He looked almost the same way he did the last time I had seen him. Except he didn't have his big goofy smile on his face.

I finally pulled away from Allison's tight hug and that was when everyone else got up and began to hug me.

All the hugs were quick and a bit awkward. Stiles came up last and he leaned down to hug me.

I think he got taller.

Since when did he smell so good.

The safety I felt in his arms was... indescribable and when he pulled away, I was a little disappointed.

We all sat down and began to eat.

To be honest Allison seemed much happier than Scott had said she was on the phone. Either she was really good at acting or something else is going on around here? Something just didn't seem right.

Allison finally spoke up after awhile of the awkward silence at the table.

"So Lydia, are you seeing anyone?"

Everyone's eyebrows raised up so I'm assuming they were all sort of curious.

"No, well I was not too long ago but he didn't turn out to be the person I thought he was."

"I guess we always see the good in people until we really get to know them."

Stiles had finally spoken but with so much hatred in his voice. He kept his eyes on me and I just rolled my eyes. You could have smelt the tension in the air, everyone else seemed to.

After awhile Isaac decided to get the talking going again and everyone forgot about the whole thing.

Stiles didn't really say anything else to me after that. The whole table just talked about high school and how everything was so much easier then.

I participated on the chit chat once in awhile but I mostly just stayed quiet.

When the night was finally over, I was relieved that no one had asked me any questions about me leaving six years ago.

Before I was about to head out to my car, Allison and Scott stopped me. They told me they needed to talk to me about something but they couldn't do it here. Being the clean freak I am, I told them I had to go home and arrange all my stuff a bit more.

"Well, do you think we can have breakfast together tomorrow morning?" Scott suggested.

"Hmm yeah, okay. I have no plans."

We said our goodnights and hopped into our separate cars. As I was driving home, I looked at the town and realized how much I had missed it.

//

okay, so i know this is supposed to be a stydia fanfic but i want it to be a slow nice process 😂

leave comments for feedback and im hoping to do a chapter on stiles point of view soon :)