09: 'HETEROSEXUALITY IS A SIN'

AKA THE TIME GRAYSON WON AT GO STOP AND UNLEASHED SATAN

WHEN GRAYSON WAS young, good, charming but well affronted with morals not running askew - one of the few things he was warned going into the city the first time were cults. Seemingly nice people - an old lady, a boy or girl close to his age, chatting him about some menial thing in some menial place; the subway, outside of a shop, or even just on the road, then you'd find yourself being steered to a small place, enclosed or boarded up, or in a car of some sort, close to nowhere.

Then they'd pull out their god dogs and brandish their knives for some palm cutting and suddenly, you see nothing but the manic energy, and maybe this is why your parents warned you not to talk to strangers.

Cults weren't as bad as dissembled people. Or people eaters. But they were cutting it pretty close.

"Pray do tell, why am I playing the innocent college student?" buzzed Grayson's earpiece in the most melodical, deadpan voice.

Grayson flipped the comic, eyes to the panels but focused on the corner of his view where the object of the plan was in earphones, a simple bag, some books, lingered strategically in the library.

He was out of complete visceral way, but he would be the first thing you see. And Minwoo has a certain affection to people's eyes - an aura of innocence. Or... quiet charm.

If he wasn't glaring.

"Because you can pass off as a college student if you don't look like you're going to turn people's insides out, and two." Grayson permitted himself a simple grin, hidden quietly with the comic in front of his face. "You lost at Go Stop. You have to respect the bet, my boy. And stop glaring at the book. You're a college student, not a professional killer. Chill."

"It's not easy." But from Grayson's point, Minwoo had softened his features to somewhat of a passable worried young lad. His eyes skittered around the room conspicuously. Everyone else were actual students at the university. Both had acquired some fake IDs and weren't questioned. Exams were going on, so people were immersed in their studying.

"Stop looking around. You're too obvious." Immediately, Minwoo took his eyes down, jaw tight. "Relax. I won't let anything happen to you but you need to trust me a little. Just look like an easy mark. We'll be here for hours so just... study up?"

Minwoo sighed raggedly, as if he very much doubt he'd come out of this alive. Between the two, Minwoo was the one who took the steady role in the background. Grayson learned to rely on his voice and comments, turning left if he needed to, walking into a death trap willingly and with open arms if the plan said so.