Prologue - Initiate Interrogation

XX, XX, 2068

2 weeks after the Venice Incident.

1 week after the main interrogations.

1 week after 'everything started to go wrong'.

Interrogation initiated.

'So, Commander Reyes.' A chilling voice began, though it didn't seem to affect the man in front of it. He simply scoffed.

'I'm tired of this long winded shit. Just get it over and done with. It was a big deal, I know it was. I made a decision and I can deal with the consequences.' He huffed, scowling at whoever it was who was talking.

"I didn't bring you to talk about the incident."

"Then what are you here for then? It should be fun talking about something else for a change." A grin formed on the tanned man's face, almost playfully, as if this was all some game he was being led into.

The interrogator finally sat down opposite Reyes with a sour smile upon their face. "One thing, Commander." They said. "Tell me about your son."

The grin was gone for a split second, yet it returned a little sheepish than before. He seemed unbreakable at first glance, but now at the mention of a son, it seemed to falter. "You're saying I have a son now?" The commander simply chuckled. "Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't have a son." He lied, keeping his robust seeming, yet weak facade, which quickly crumbled with the next set of questions.

"What about the boy you returned to the base that you begged to save? What about the cyborg that you convinced Doctor Ziegler to make?" With an arch of the eyebrow and a smug smirk from the questioner, Reyes' guard dropped completely at the continued mentions.

"Genji..." He mumbled. A sigh followed. "Look. I can't tell you about him without explaining what our circumstances were with him. It's a long story."

"I've heard plenty of them."

A pause with a scowl, possibly going over what would happen to this information outside the room. And possibly, outside the organisation. With that, he sighed. It was all or nothing. It didn't have anything to do with the situation him and Morrison were in. Genji didn't matter. In all honesty, Reyes didn't want him roped into this. It wouldn't be fair on the poor man, machine... cyborg. Whatever he was, he was still human. Finally, he spoke once more.

"Okay. Before I get into the real thing, I want to clarify something." He shifted in his seat. "I want Genji out of this whole thing. I don't want him, or anyone else in Blackwatch, dragged into it. It's my business, and I'm dealing with it."

"Point taken." They nodded.

"Right. Another thing," The commander began once more. "I sure have gained a father figure status to Genji. But, I've gotta tell you. He's not my son. 

He's Sojiro's son."