Chapter 6

I walk out of the restroom with a whole new determination. There is no way I'm going to let this guy get to me, I'm going to get my job done and leave like always. When I go around the corner I see Lucas sitting in my chair enjoying my welcome basket. I snatch the basket out if his hand "could you not, and while you're at it could you get out of my chair so I can sit?"

"I've got a much better seat for you" he says patting his lap. I roll my eyes setting the basket on the desk, I go to his side of the desk and grab his ear pulling him out of the chair with him whining the whole way. I sit down and grab some chocolate from the basket. Lucas hisses and rubs his ear "you could've just asked".

I ignore him and continue to eat, he sits on my desk and grabs some caramel. "Don't you have something better to do" I ask moving the basket away from him. "Not at the moment" he answers before he goes into a blank stare like he's trying to listen to something. "On second thought I do actually" he says before hopping up and jogging away.

Now that was weird, I have a feeling I should be concerned, but I mean it's Lucas; he's not doing anything. I shrug it off and spend another hour and a half watching Netflix and stuffing myself with chocolate and caramel. When I see Mr. Evra walking down the hall I pause my movie and walk towards him.

"Hello Mr. Evra. There's something you forgot to show me", he raises his eyebrows "I did?" I nod "your office. What if you need something from your office and I don't know where to find it?" He smiles "a proactive thinker, I like you already" he opens the doors to his office and shows me where all the endorsements, various files, and contracts are located.

"So where is the list of investors? You know, in case I ever need it", he sits in his chair behind the desk "that is in a secret location in my home. You don't need to know, because you'll never need to" he says quite coldly. I nod curtly and leave, he may not have given me the exact location but he's made my job easier. I just need to get into his house.

After another hour Pearson picks me up and tosses me a legal envelope, "got another case for you". When I'm on extended cases my uncle sends me others that are close by because he knows most of the time I'm not doing anything on the extended ones. "Maine" I question, he nods "you have to bring me back to the townhouse" I say "why" he asks. "Because I'm in a school uniform. That's practically telling every one who sees me where I'm living at the moment."

He nods again and changes our route. Once we get to the townhouse I rush inside change into a black sweater, black skinny jeans, and black converse. I grab my red leather gloves and my mask before running back to the car. I open the envelope and read about my target. An Asian male in his late forties who owns an art gallery. He stays late to make sure all of the pieces of art are alright and closes up.

Pearson brings me to the private airport where Canton is waiting to take us to Maine. Once in Maine Canton asks "what do you want to do, one shot", I've been thinking about my plan the whole ride over and I've decided "drop in" I answer moving to the back to grab a parachute. Along with it I grab a belt of weapons and gadgets "don't forget the emergency parachute" Pearson says. I grab the small black disc and twist it before attaching it onto my back.

I pull on the parachute and open the door letting the cold evening air in. A building comes into view that's obviously an art gallery, you'd have to be blind not to see that. It has six gigantic roman style pillars with banners in between them announcing up coming events. "I'll be two blocks to the north if you need me" Pearson states, I nod, put on my mask, and salute my drivers before jumping out.

I love jumping out of helicopters. It's so freeing, I feel like I'm flying with the wind rushing through my hair, but like all things in life it has to end at some point. Either with a pull of a string or a splat on the ground. I choose to pull the string causing my parachute to deploy, and steer my way towards the roof of the gallery. I land on the roof gracefully and pull off the parachute.