Chapter 31: The Dance

Oh hey you should totally check out my cousin's wattpad :D FACT: if it weren't for her I would never have known wattpad even existed and probably wouldn't have even started writing Vampires Suck :O she is a lot more dedicated to this website than I've been for the past few months so she definitely deserves all of the views/votes/followers she can get :)

DIANA

I stared at my reflection in the floor-length mirror as I put on the finishing touch, the long-forgotten dangling earrings that I'd found in my mother's hardly touched jewelry chest. Perfect. Giving the rest of my body a quick sweep, I couldn't help but hum in satisfaction at my work.

The dress, the one Lexi and I had picked out weeks ago, was long—the silk material gently flowing to the floor. The rhinestoned straps that crossed behind my back were the only part of the dress that actually had any kind of decor, everything else was a simple midnight black shade. The bosom was well-fitted, providing cleavage but not enough for it to be considered trashy, while the rest of the dress clung to me at all the right places and showed off my curves.

I'd decided to have my hair in an elegant up-do, curling the loose strands that framed my face. My make-up, which I allowed Lexi to do since we both knew how much of a train wreck it would've been for me to try, had a black smokey eye effect that contrasted with my light eyes. Finally, my lips had been painted a sultry shade of red.

I had to admit that I looked sexy. Hell, I looked hot.

"Damn you are one foxy mama!" Lexi suddenly called out, making me snort.

I turned to look at her, and couldn't deny that the same could totally be applied to her. She was wearing the white lace dress, and unlike me her wavy hair was let down and pulled back, her make-up natural. In fact, almost everything about her was opposite from me, everything from the color and length of our dresses to our hair and make-up. Where I had a darker, provocative look, she was glowing innocence. Despite the two extremes, there was no denying just how well we both pulled them off.

"You're one to talk," I replied, and we both giggled in excitement. It was so girly but I couldn't help it; for once I truly felt and looked like a woman.

"They're not gonna be able to keep their eyes off of you," she said with a smile as she looked at me with a glint in her eyes. Knowing very well that she meant both Luke and Aiden, I shook my head before replying, "They're not gonna be able to take their eyes off of the both of us."

She rolled her eyes but didn't argue.  The doorbell rang then, startling the both of us before we each grinned at each other.

It's show time.

AIDEN

I fastened my tie and smoothed down the lapels of my suit as I waited for someone to answer the door. I'd agreed to go somewhere else to get ready for the dance, so I could allow Lexi and Diana to get ready at her house. In turn I would show back up to Diana's—which was chosen as the meeting place for all of us—before we all left for the dance together. The whole plan was disgustingly cliché and adolescent in my opinion but unfortunately it was how the girls wanted it. Besides, a large part of me selfishly wanted to be able to spend as much of the night with Diana in sight; there was no chance in hell I was going to leave her alone with that Johnson kid.

I heard footsteps rushing behind the door and knew that soon someone would answer it. Straightening up, I heard the lock click and the doorknob twist, before finally the door swung open.