(T/C) PART 6: THE NEXT STEPS

Peeta

Beginning of August

"Peeta darling we need to talk" My father told me when I entered the bakery.

I nodded and sat down, he sat next to me in one of the booths.

"I'm going to go straight to the point" my father said, "Business has been bad and we can't afford to keep the bakery open"

My fathers eyes showed nothing but sadness, this bakery was his pride and joy.

"You can't do that" I told him, the bakery held such a place in my heart. This is my childhood, I can't let it go away like this.

"I'm sorry Peeta but unless we start pumping out one grand a month we are done" My dad looked like he was holding in tears.

"Dad I'll give you the money" I was going to do everything I could to save this bakery.

"Peeta we could never ask for somethung like that" My father said.

I was still paying off my student loans, I had no business offering money I don't have.

"Let me move back in, a grand is the rent for my apartment" I asked him.

"No. Peeta you can't give up your apartment" My dad reasoned with me.

"Dad it's my decision" It had already been made.

"This will always be your home Peeta, but think about it" My dad said.

A week later

Rye and Bran were helping me move all my things. My apartment was cleared out and all the boxes were in the hallway.

"Peeta what is going on?" I turned around as Katniss was standing before me.

She had been in LA this past week and I didn't have the heart to tell her what was happening.

"Babe! You're back!" I wrapped my hands around me with a smile.

She kissed my lips.

"I am, and I want to know whats happening" she said as she rested her head on my shoulder.

"A week ago my father told me that if they didn't get an extra grand a month they would close the bakery. A grand is the price of my rent So I'm moving back in with my parents and giving them the money" I couldn't keep anything from her.

"Why was I unaware that this was happening?" She asked me.

"Babe you were in LA" I remainded her.

"But you don't hesitate to call me for other things" she pointed out.

"Well yeah, but this is a family matter" I told her.

"How are you feeling about moving back in with your parents?" She asked me.

"I love them, but I'm not to thrilled" I laughed.

"Move in with me" She said out of the blue.

"What?" I heard but I wasnt sure.

"Your stuff is packed, move in with me" She shrugged.

"Kat we've only been together 3 months" I remainded her.

"Does it matter? I love you, we already asleep together, my things are your things" She looked into my eyes.

"Are you serious?" I asked again to confirm.

"I think there is room in the house for one more" she laughed.