two

+Calum

I had managed to get through half the day with no problems and it was finally lunchtime.

I found an empty table and sat down, pulling out a banana, along with a sandwich and drink that I bought from the vending machine, from my bag and placing it in front of me. I opened up the sealed sandwich box and took a bite out of my sandwich.

I looked around the cafeteria to find my red haired friend, my only friend here and I felt my cheeks heat up when I caught Luke's intense gaze. The tall blonde was surrounded by a group of boys and a girl clinging on his arm and was biting his lip ring, still starint at me. I began to feel uncomfortable so I turned back around to find a smiling Michael and a dirty blonde hair boy.

"Hey Cal, I see you have found our usual table. See Ash! He's literally one of us already!" Michael cheered as he grinned at 'Ash'.

"Uh, hi," I said awkwardly at the unfamilar boy who sat in front of me.

"Hey, I'm Ashton but you can call me, Ash for short. You'r--"

"Yeah because you're so short," Michael interrupted, snickering at his own joke.

I watched Ashton punch Michael, letting out a small laugh at the two. "As I was saying, before I was RUDELY INTERRUPTED, you're the new kid right? Column Hood?"

"Its Calum but yes, that's me," I corrected him, chuckling at the common mistake people made.

"Oh sorry, Calum. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Are you asian? Because you really look asian.. maybe chinese or thai?"

"Oh my god, he totally does look asian!" Michael agreed, laughing.

"IM NOT ASIAN!" I suddenly exclaimed.

I could feel everyone's eyes on me after my sudden outburst and I began to blush furiously, looking down at my food to hide my embarrassment.

"Sorry about that," I apologised. "I'm not Asian, I'm kiwi."

"Ah I see but I bet there's a secret asian in your family though," Ashton laughed.

I shrugged my shoulders and began to laugh with him, Michael soon joining in.

I struggled to finish my lunch in the period of time that we had because Ashton and Michael kept cracking jokes here and there, making me laugh every time.

"So whats the deal with you and Hemmings?" Michael cocked his eyebrow at me.

"What are you talking about?"

"You blush like everytime he looks at you and you keep staring at him! Are you gay or something? I mean it's okay if you are, we're totally fine with that," Michael asked me.

"I don't blush everytime he looks at me and no, I am not gay," I responded with a confused look on my face.

"Have you had a girlfriend before?" Ashton spoke, joining in with the conversation.

"Well no but I know i'm not gay," I admitted.

"Well how can you know that you're not gay if you haven't even had a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship?"

"I'm just not, okay? Just because I haven't had a girlfriend doesn't mean I'm gay. Im have been attracted to girls before, you know?"

"Well, just to let you know, Luke is bisexual," Michael winked.