Chapter 6

After Katrina had dropped me off at home, I just sat on my couch speechless. I was so confused, who would want to kill Luke and why ? The possibility Luke was actually in hiding never occurred to me. Then again the police are very good at making sure you think someone is dead. I get it though, if this is what happened.

I want Luke alive more than anything in the world, he was my constant and the only person I truly trusted with my heart. I pulled out my laptop and searched up his case and found a article from a couple days ago.

'Suspect in teenage boy's murder could still be in the area after 2 years'

I raised my eyebrows at that one, why would the murderer of my boyfriend be stupid enough to stay in town ? Unless... he's a local from further up town ! Ok Crys, remember you still aren't sure what's fact and what's fiction. I unlock my phone and dial Katrina.

"Hello ?" Katrina said.

"Hey it's Crystal, did you see this article on Luke's murderer ?" I asked, I sent her the link and wait.

"I wouldn't be surprised if his shooter is hiding in plain site." Katrina replied. "Listen, remember at Luke's funeral ?"

"Yeah, what about it ?" I asked confused at what she was getting at.

"Remember how the casket was closed the entire time ?" Katrina said. "For all we know there could've been sand bags in there, My Mom never looked, it hurt too much."

Having thought about that closed casket previously, I knew something wasn't right.

"I didn't either, we definitely need to find out the truth. Luke deserves justice no matter what happens." I said, I heard a beep beep indicating I was getting another call. 

"Exactly, I will let you know if anything comes up before we see the hacker." Katrina adds. "Are you getting another call ?"

I looked at the caller I.d and it was Jace, should I mention this to him ? Probably not a good idea..

"Yeah, it's Jace I promised them I'd hang out tonight." I replied.

"Go ahead and have fun ! Just don't mention this information just yet." Katrina said, I agreed and ended the call. I hit answer to Jace.

"Hey, Jace." I said. "What's up ?"

"Nothing much, you still cool to hang with us tonight ?"Jace asked.

"Yeah, just give me 15 to get ready and where are we going anyways ?" I replied.

"A corn maze your going to love it !" Jace said, great... looks like I was getting lost tonight..

"Okay, see you soon." I replied as we both hang up.

I sigh, grabbing the ring Luke gave me, I wish he could be here with me.. I sigh again and head to the bathroom to get ready for running around. This was going to be a interesting night.