Chapter 13

Skyler Raines.

Skyler Raines. Could he be Luke ? If he wasn't, who was he ? And why is he in Luke's case file ?

I sat in the passenger seat of Kat's Car, just confused. Unfortunately there wasn't much on this Skyler's whereabouts. But it was clear he was important. Was he the killer ? Or my supposed dead boyfriend ? I didn't know what to think.

"You ok ?" Katrina asked, I didn't answer right away. Lost in my own head.

"Do you think this Skyler guy is Luke ?" I asked. "I mean, who else could he be ?"

I wanted him to be alive but I had to protect myself. What if this was all a misunderstanding and Luke was actually dead ? I couldn't put myself through that again. It took so long for me to be functioning again after what happened. I didn't want to take a step back.

"There's only one way to find out." Kat said. "We need to find him."

Jace's POV

I arrived in front of Crystal's apartment parking my car discretely to avoid attention. I had a plan, I was going to bug her apartment to get the scoop on her mind. What made her tick, what she loved to watch. I needed to know how she slept, what she ate. My patience was reaching it's breaking point.

She wouldn't let me in, not the way she let Luke in. I gritted my teeth and picked the lock on her back door and slipped inside. I know how it looked breaking into her house but I needed to see her more. Find a way to get closer to her and maybe she would finally let me in, Luke was never good enough for her. 

I pulled out the micro sized cameras and placed one in her living room behind her television. I entered her bedroom and placed one in a plant she had on her dresser. And lastly placed one in her kitchen between her cupboards. I checked the reception and could see everywhere inside clearly.

"Perfect." I said to myself. 

I froze when I heard a car pulling up to the apartment, I looked through the blind and saw Katrina and Crystal. Shit ! Why was she always with Crystal ? She was part of the reason Crys couldn't let go !

I quickly slipped out the back, gently shutting the door behind me. I watched from a distance as Katrina and Crystal entered the apartment. They sat at the kitchen table and began talking. But the damn neighbors dog started yapping. I slipped out and headed towards my car.

Crystal's POV

"Thanks for taking me home and just being there for me." I said hugging Katrina. "I don't know where I'd be without you."

"No problem. Your family. No matter what." Katrina said. "My brother loved you and I can see why."

I smiled embracing her again, before parting. 

"Well I'm going to go home but I promise we will find out who Skyler is." Katrina said as I opened the door to see her off. " Try not to worry."

I waved her off and waited for her to get in her car before shutting the door.

Katrina's POV

As I started my car, something caught my eye. A black mustang pulling out from the small alley across from Crystal's place. I remember one of Luke's old friend's had one, but if that's who it was. Why didn't they announce themself ?

I decided to do something impulsive and follow the car a good distance away. If I was wrong, no harm but if my suspicions were right. They might be up to something.