Part 5

I open my eyes only to be met with darkness. My vision needs some time to adjust to this surrounding. I try to move but my arms and legs are bounded to the table I'm lying on.

The air around me is slightly moisty, so I must be held capture in some sort of cave. I continue to look around me. The walls are entirely blank except for a small and dusty door on my left. I take a deep breath to calm down a bit. It's not my first time being captured but I've never been tortured before. I'm starting to get a really bad feeling about this. The ropes on my arms and legs are bounded so tied, that no escape can be considered right now. I close my eyes to concentrate on my powers but it feels like something inside me is locked. I'm starting to realise in how much trouble I really am, when the door on my left slowly opens with a creak.

Two scientists, a man and a woman enters the room with a box in hand. I can barely see their faces because of the mask covering half of it. They are both wearing white medical coat. My eyes widen at the meaning of this attire and I slowly start to panic, struggling against my ropes to run away.

--------------------------------

Loki is already pacing in front of the screen in the small dark room, feeling every passing second like an hour. He's never been so grateful for being an insomniac. Earlier that night, he couldn't help but feel like he was about to die out of boredom. It's only been a day, but it felt like years to him without speaking to someone. Trues been told, you were the only one in the entire tower who actually shared proper conversations with him. After an entire day of reading in the library, he felt like he was trapped in his cell again. Few hours had passed and he still couldn't sleep. He was lying on his bed, looking at the celling, when an old magic trick crossed his mind. He closed his eyes to concentrate. If he wass lucky enough, he could enter her mind, even if she was miles away, to check on you.

He wasn't prepared to that kind of reaction. What she was going through was close to what he felt like, back there with Thanos. She was hurting.

He was able to see the small room, she was kept in. The two scientists are standing on each side of her, their closes already covered in blood. The woman took a knife out of her box. Loki could feel the pain, as she starts to slide the blade along Sarlyn's forearm, making her blood dripping to the ground. She screamed, her voice echoing through the dark room. Tears are falling from her eyes, blurring her vision. The man on her left starts to cut off small pieces of her skin, with the help of a little scalpel. The pain was unbearable. She struggles against her bonds, desperate to escape this nightmare.

Loki opens up his eyes, his body covered in sweat. He takes a few seconds to study his breath before ripping the covers off of him.

"Saralyn is in trouble, we need to help her!" he shouts while opening the bedroom door of a still asleep Captain America. "She has probably been kidnapped and her jailers are torturing her. I need the entire team downstairs. Now!" he orders, before smashing the door behind him as he leave. The last sentence was like an electroshock, making Steve jump out of his bed to gather the avengers.

----------------------------

It took the team only a few minutes to stand in front of the screen, waiting for Director Fury's report on the matter.

"I'm afraid that Loki's suspicions are confirmed. Agent Romanoff contacted me a few minutes ago to inform me of Saralyn's capture. Apparently, the hydra agents managed to lock her out into their new location. Agent Romanoff and Barton barely escaped thanks to a stolen ship. Luckily, they were able to find the wanted information. Apparently, Hydra found two scientists who decided to use children in order to turn them into mutants. We suppose they only kidnapped Saralyn because of her powers. They probably want to extract them from her or a least try to understand they origins, in order to create more mutants."