Five

Rashee

Two weeks later

I woke up and did my hygiene. Chris and Kristen been blowing my shit up. I think I wanna get my number changed. Jeremiah and I have been spending alot of time together. He's really great. He invited me to dinner tonight.

I decided I would get up and take Luca for a walk. I put on my nike athletic fit and put Lucas leash on her. I headed out the door and was walking down the street. I was headed to the dog park a couple blocks away. I stopped to fix my shoe and Luca ran away.

"Luca! get back here!" I yelled, taking off after her. "Luca! where are you?!"

I spotted her trying to climb up a man's leg to get his attention. "Luca! stop it ! get away from that man!" I yelled to her.

"Im sorry sir, she just really likes people." I said as I grabbed Luca's leash and wrapped it around my hand.

"Rashee...... Is that you?" the man said.

I froze. It was him. It was Shaud. I couldn't speak, I couldn't breathe ,  I couldn't move. It was him. The man I spent five years getting away from mentally and physically. The same man that tortured me for those five years.

My first instinct. Fight or flight. I ran for my life.

"Rashee! Rashee! Come back here!"

I couldn't even look back to see him chasing me. I could hear his feet in the rocks behind me. I thought I was away from him but he grabbed me by my arm and spent me around.

"Don't run from me!"

I couldn't speak.

"Rashee....where have you been?" He said in a calm tone.

I couldn't find the words or strength. Fear had taken over my body.

"Ra, you don't have to be scared. Im sorry. Im sorry. Im sorry." He said with an apologetic tone.

He called me Ra. I haven't heard that in a while. That name holds too much weight on it.

"I-I ... uhhh... I ha-a-ave to-o go-o." I stuttered over my words.

"Wait, just take my number and address. I want to talk. whenever you're ready. Just please let me explain." He said while gently grabbing my hand and putting a piece of paper in it.

I just took it and walked away. Tears where streaming down my face. I just don't get it. I mean why explain now? I just kept walking. I had my head down . I couldn't breathe. It felt like my chest was tightening up. Its happening again.

"Beautiful? Is that you?" A voice said.

I tried to look up but my vision was blurry. I could hear Luca barking and whining at me. My eyes shut and I didn't feel anything else.

I woke up in a hospital bed with a IV hooked up to my arm.

"Im glad to see your up beautiful."

I looked up to see Dequantez. I just slightly smiled at him. What happened ? I asked.

Im not even sure. you blacked out. He said.

I nodded. How did you find me? I asked.

I was just walking back to my house . you where sitting on the ground , with your head down, so I stopped and then I noticed it was you. he said.

I nodded. I then remembered exactly what happened . oh okay. I said.

Where's Luca ? I asked.

At my mom's house. she loves dogs. he said.