Twenty seven

four months later

" Sit down Alayah!"

" I just wanna play." She whined.

" I know but mommy is hurting right now. My back is killing me."

" I can rub it mommy!" She said excitedly.

" Yeah, but where's Aevin?"

" Sleep." She simply said.

I nodded my head and let her little hands gently massage my back and neck.

I'm 9 months pregnant now. I'm ready to pop. My due date is actually today. I'm waiting on Freedom to get the twins, so I can go to the hospital. I didn't tell Dominic, but I'm more than sure he already knows.

Freedom arrived shortly after.

"How you feeling Ras?"

"I'm hurting but I'm really just ready to push." I complained rubbing my sides.

I waited for another 6 hours, when the doctor finally came in. He was too happy for my liking, but I'm just ready to see Layloni.

" Okay! Ms. Johnson it's time to push!" He said excitedly.

I groaned because I knew this was about to hurt.

It took five pushes and intense pain but she finally arrived. "You have a beautiful baby girl." The nurse said as she laid the clipboard on her portable desk.

" Thank you." I smiled.

"What are you naming her?" She asked getting ready to type it into her computer.

" Layloni Evette Carter "

" Did you get that nurse?" The doctor asked walking around the room.

" Yes Dr. Stephenler."

" Alright. Now, Rashee you get some rest. Baby Layloni will be right here in the crib next to your bed."

" okay. Thank you doctor."

He walked out, and I picked Loni up. She looks like me. She has my eyes and she is my color. I can tell she is going to have my hair too. I love my Loni already.

"Knock knock!" I heard Freedom say behind the door.

"Come in!"

"How you feeling sister?"

" Im feeling like I just gave birth."

"You always was a sarcastic midget."

"Shut up Freedom!" He poked his head out the door. "That fuck nigga here." He rolled his eyes.

I rolled my eyes. "Ugh, and why?" I asked more to myself than out loud.

"Hell I don't know."

"Alright. Go get my children. I miss them."

He walked out and brought the twins in. I live for my kids. The twins love Loni already.

"But moma I don't want to leave you." Aevin whined in my ear.

"I know but Loni and I will be home in a few days."

"But I want you to come home now." He yelled and kicked his feet.

" Later Aevin. I promise. Just make sure you watch Alayah." I said as I kissed his cheeks.

"Alright moma."

"Okay! Now give me some love before you have to leave! " He gave me a kiss and a long hug. Alayah was already sleep, so I just kissed her forehead. They left a little later.

Dominic finally walked in. I rolled my eyes. I don't want to see him.

" So you not speaking?"

Ignore.

"For real Ra? That's how we rocking? "

Ignore.

" I just came to see my daughter man. Im not tryna fight with you."

I rolled my eyes and put my attention back to the tv. I really dont want him here, but I'm not about to take his kids from him. If he can't do nothing right, he can take care of his children. He put his all in his kids. Thats what I love about him the most.

"Hey Loni baby. Its ya pops. I love you, ight? No matter what..... No matter the situation. I love you, your sister and brother more than life itself." He cooed to her. She looked at him, like she understood what he was saying. I see she gone be a daddy's girl like her sister.

"Ummm .... Alayah asked about you today, she wanted to go see you."

"Why didn't you tell someone to bring her to me?"

"Because... I didn't want to just pop up. You got other priorities now. I didn't want to interfere."

" What? Other prioit--! Y'all are my fucking priorities! Why the fuck you playing with me? Stop fucking acting stupid man! I made a fucking mistake! I got another kid now! So fucking what! "

" Dont yell at me! You a bitch ass nigga! Lame ass nigga! You a pussy boy, I swear! "

" Rashee, Don't forget who the fuck you talking too! I'll whoop yo fucking ass! You getting too disrespectful!"

He raised his hand up at me. In that moment, I felt the same way I did when he hit me. The same way I felt eight years ago with Shaud. I feel small, and worthless. I havent felt like this in a while. I feel my body slipping away from me. He fear was making my heart speed up and my vision get blurry.

" Rashee, stay up. Please!" I could barely hear him. Everything was blurred.

I feel like sleeping. His voice is slipping away from me.

" Nurse! I need a nurse!"

Is this what death feels like? Is this what it feels like to die?

"You gone be alright Ra. I promise."

"Sir, you have to leave! We got a code 343!"

"Code 343? Whats that? Can somebody tell me whats going on with my wife!?"

"Sir, we will give you information soon."

"I love you Rashee!"