Chapter 3

A month has passed since the family dinner and the day that I meet the oh so sexy Axel. Evenessence and I are sitting in the waiting room at his doctor's office waiting to be called back. My son is sitting on my lap playing a color game on my phone while we wait.

Watching Evenessence match colors, I don't notice the person standing next to us until a throat clears; snapping my head upwards and to my hear I see Axel standing next to us in his scrubs, which are dark blue with yellow stars.

"Hi," I stutter out as my face flushes a dark red.

Axel smirks down at me before squatting down in front of us; his smirk changes to a fond smile at Evenessence before he gently runs his hand over my son's feathery hair gaining his attention for a moment before Evenessence focus' back on the game.

"Hi, how are you and your little man today?" his deep sexy voice rumbles softly.

"We're good, thank you and how are you?" I reply with an equally soft voice.

Axel smiles widens at me, the skin around the corners of his eyes crinkling. "I'm good too, thanks. I was wondering if I could have your number?" he asks. "So, we can know each other outside of here and become friends and perhaps one day more than friends. That is if you don't have a girlfriend?"

Blushing a deep cherry red, I let out a nervous giggle causing Evenessence to glance at me for a second. "Yeah, you can have my number and no I don't have a girlfriend. I would love to know you better but won't you get into trouble for becoming friends or more with a parent of a patient?"

Honestly I don't want him endangering his job because of me. "There's no policy against this," Axel assures me with a soul stealing grin.

Grinning widely back at him, stick my hand out making grabby hands at him for his phone; which he hands me instantly after pulling up a new contact form on his phone. Imputing my information into his phone with a silly glint in my eyes as I entered my contact name as 'Blue Eyed Boy'.

Handing him his phone back, which he glances at and then raises both eyebrows at me. "Nice contact name, now what's your real name 'Blue Eyed Boy'?"

"Every Stone," I shrug my shoulders at him before giggling when he cocks his head in disbelief that I really didn't tell him my real name. "My name really is Every Stone, I swear my mama when through a hippie faze when she named me since my younger brothers and sister have comman names."

Axel chuckles just as Evenessence's name is called and he stands, takes a couple of steps backwards allowing him and I to stand. "Text me whenever you'd like Axel," I tell him with a wink as I walk my son and I toward the female nurse. Turning my head slightly toward him, seeing that he has a surprised look upon his face that I knew his name.

The nurse leads us to the area where he weighs and measures Evenessences' height before he leads us to a room and finishes his job while talking to my son. The nurse interacting with him made my son over the moon happy since he loves when people talk to him as long as he's comfortable with them.

"Pa!" Evenessence squeals out as the male nurse gently tickles his tummy. Chuckling at their interaction I just love this, the male nurse stops his tickle assult before my son snuggles into my chest patting my chest like normal. The nurse smiles at us before he tells us that the doctor will be in shortly as he walks out the door.

Snuggling with my boy as my mind wanders to my conversation with Axel and I can't contain the smile that creapes upon my lips. I love that he had the courage to ask me for my number let alone what he wanted out of this. The best part though was his surprised look when I knew his name, um, hello! I don't think he realized I saw his I.D. tag that was clipped to his shirt the last time we were here.