06) Cabin Getaway -Mezo-

TRIGGER WARNING:

Sexual Interactions(Hetero), Outdoors Sex

CONTEXTUAL FORMATTING:

Italics -Thoughts

------------------------------------Story Start------------------------------------

{黄金 (Kogane) "Golden"| 壊滅 (Kaimetsu) "Destruction"}

A snap has her looking upwards, seeing a chunk of rock face dropping towards her. But, she sees it for just a split moment before she's encased in warmth and skin. Turning her head, she spots Mezo, looking down at her with intense dark eyes. Her golden eyes fall shut and she feels her heart hammer. In the back of her mind, the incident is playing so slow. With another strong beat, she exhales and the dim cavern of Mezo's arms lights up from the center of her chest. It pulses as it flickers and expands.

Mezo finds himself holding onto her, not to protect her, but to hang on now. The cliff path below him and rock side beside him seems to lift in rocks, then pebbles, then dust, until it's gone all within the fraction of a second. She'd told him she had a very destructive Quirk. Particulation, it was called. Breaking down substances to their smallest components until gone from knowable existence. Though, it was usually something she could encases her hands in, like a miasmic energy. But in this moment, it spawns from her chest and encases them both.

He expected it to burn him when she lit up like that. But it passed him harmlessly. Amazing. His mind echoes briefly, the incident seeming slowed in the adrenaline. Glancing up at the cliff face, he finds a golden hue altering the world around them. It slams to the energy, which swirls like smoke and shimmers like glitter. The earthen death particulates and quickly vanishes as it touches the gold. A sigh comes from the golden haired woman in his arms, bringing his eyes down to her just before the energy vanishes and she passes out.

The floating ceases, causing him to catch her and drop into a crouch as he lands. His lowest left arm crafts a hand to set to the concaved path. The dirt there is alarmingly, unnaturally smooth. Amazing. He gently runs a hand over the surface, marveling at it. Looking to his right, where the cliff wall is smoothed and concaved from her Quirk as well, he gapes. It astounds him, her power. I don't believe she's ever done this before...

Glancing down at the unconscious woman in his arms, he feels his heart thrum. Beautiful and kind and so very deadly. He can't help but hold her tighter to himself. Such a sweet ache he feels that he ponders if accepting her invitation was a good idea for him? Well, I accepted anyways, and it's not like I can just leave. Better keep going. Adjusting his hold of her and made his way out of the evidence of their survival. He carries her all the way up to the small feudal house and carefully sets her down. Tugging her backpack from her, he unrolls her sleeping roll and lays it out before setting her onto it.

Kogane awoke with a soft quiet groan a few hours later. A small fire is burning in the narrow pit in the center of the floor, a pot steaming away with an earthy smelling soup inside. There's another with rice, and a kettle boiling water. Sitting up, she sets a hand to her chest and rubs. It stings, like a throbbing bruise. How had I done that? She ponders.

Looking towards the open door, she spots Mezo sitting quietly, watching the sky. Pushing herself up, she moves to and crouches beside him, drawing his eyes towards her. "I'm sorry, Shoji-san." She offers softly. His head shakes, letting her know he holds no grudge or grievance. "You're very kind. Thank you." His upper left hand reaches out and gently touches her left shoulder. Then a questioning look crosses his eyes. "I'm alright. A little sore, but, I'll live." He gives a solid and relieved nod.