Chapter 5

I wake up from the alarm from my phone then sit up to run my hands through my hair. I slightly freak out seeing my hair pink but then I sigh remembering yesterday. Then my eyes fling wide open as I check the time. It is 6 am right now. Running to my closet, I pick out a quick and comfortable outfit then tie my hair up into a half up half down bun. My makeup the same as always. An eyeliner wing along with foundation and mascara with contour and eyebrow filling. I tie my shoes then grab my things and run downstairs. I already see Ace in the kitchen fixing a protein shake. I freeze remembering yesterday so I slowly walk into the room as his eyes look over my outfit.

"Morning." he says slightly without any emotion. I sigh grabbing the cup he lays out for me. I put a straw in it then take a sip. Wow. This is good.

"I make one every morning." he says while watching me.

"Are you trying to say how healthy you are?" I ask him with a slight smile trying to ease the mood.

"You already know I'm healthy." he answers while walking out of the room. I roll the eyes while shaking my head and putting the cup into the fridge.

"Want a ride_" he starts.

"You know, I know that we had a rough night but you can't still give me these emotions." I state as he turns around.

"What emotions?" he asks.

"Those sad and depressing emotions." I answer trying to find the right words but only coming up with those.

"Beth, I'm not showing any emotions_" he starts.

"Exactly my point." I say crossing my arms as I unlock my car and get inside. I notice him shaking his head then driving out from my driveway. I sigh then start driving towards the park after stopping to grab an iced coffee with caramel. I pull into the parking lot then step out from my car to see Jason approaching me already. He looks slightly older. He doesn't have bags under his eyes like he did the last time I saw him. His hair isn't messy but neatly cut and gelled back. He wears a fancy suit and a royal blue tie instead of a leather jacket and a shirt. He looks different. He looks more mature.

"You look good." he says looking me over as I slam my door shut.

"Well now that we have officially talked, now I can leave." I reply about to open my car and get back inside but he closes my door before I can get inside.

"You remember how happy I made you?" he asks.

"No." I lie.

"You remember me letting you do the things you couldn't think of?" Jason asks.

"No." I lie again.

"You remember all the things you loved doing?" he asks.

"Yes_No." I answer stumbling through my words.

"I can bring that back to you." he says.

"I don't need you to bring anything back into my life." I reply.

"But you want to. I can see it." Jason points out.

"See what." I ask in annoyance.

"I can see a part of you still wants to feel complete like you did when we were together." he answers calmly.

"That part doesn't exist." I state.

"I doubt that, Bethany. I doubt that." he says.

"I prefer Beth not Bethany." I state changing the subject.

"You know what I love doing?" he asks.

"Do I care?" I ask in annoyance.

"I love firing guns." Jason answers which only makes me gulp and think about Ace. Thinking about a bullet in his head while he lays dead on the floor just like that Henry guy did.