Chapter 24

The next few days, I spend my time with Lyra mostly since she is coming to the wedding because, of course, Josie is visiting her grandma for that weekend. Either I am at the mall, my house, or school. I never spend any time talking to anyone unless it is about the wedding until today.

"So Ace is coming." Lyra blurts out while watching me stare at the different dresses to wear.

"What about it?" I ask her while my hands move over the materials and gem stones before I turn to face her.

"I didn't know you would invite him." she answers with a shrug while pulling out a light blue dress until putting it back and pulling out a dark blue one.

"I didn't invite him. My dad did." I explain while pulling out a dress. It is a light pink/purple that is slightly a nude color so it is very calming to see. It's lace swirls and patterns covering the top of the dress while it's sleeves are small and thin spaghetti straps. I can already picture the dress. I can already picture me in it. Then my phone rings and I answer without even looking at the ID.

"This is Beth, how can I help you?" I ask while pulling the dress out from the rack and heading to the front desk to pay for it.

"Hi, Beth. This is Rachel. I just wanted to know which store you are at." she says through the phone.

"Blossom's Prom Dress." I answer while waiting in line.

"Oh great. Well put the dress under my name. I am paying for family guests who are attending." she says before hanging up.

"Hi, I'm under the name Rachel." I explain and the lady nods and puts down the dress order before scanning it and letting me leave. I smile while she wraps the dress up and hands it back to me. Lyra doing the same with her dark purple gown.

"So the wedding is tomorrow. What are we going to do?" she asks while fluffing out her hair before pulling it up into a ponytail.

"Maybe we can shop for dresses to wear to the Bachelorette Party." I suggest while walking into another store to find the perfect dress. 

"Oh right, we have to go to that Bachelorette party." she says with a groan while picking out a black body con dress that is long sleeved. I pick out a olive green v neck spaghetti strapped body con dress with triangle shaped cut out on my sides to show some skin. Not that the v neck wasn't showing enough. Then I pick out a pair of silver heels and a pair of silver hoop earrings before buying it and heading out of the store.

"So we should start getting ready if we are going to be able to make it in time for the party." Lyra points out while we get into her car. I nod my head while doing the exact same. Then we head to my house to start getting ready.

"Where are you two heading out tonight?" dad asks while wearing a button up black shirt with jeans and fancy shoes. His hair gelled back.

"To Rachel's bachelorette party." I answer while putting on my heels since my hair is straightened and my dress is on as well as my light makeup with dark nude lips. 

"You sure you want to go to that?" dad asks.

"I want to support her." I lie. I really just want to get drunk at this party.

"Fine. Have fun." he says while hugging me before heading out with his guy friends. I'm surprised Rachel invited me to this but as long as there are drinks, I am all good. We arrive at the address only to see it is a house. We knock on the door and it opens revealing Rachel wearing a white body con lace dress with white heels. Her hair pulled up into a tight bun.

"Come in." she says with a bright smile. We come in only to see balloons and tea cups all around a table.

"Where is the stripper?" Lyra jokes making me shove her arm harshly while giving Rachel a smile.

"This is your party?" I ask her.

"Isn't it fun." she says happily. 

"I don't see a stripper." Lyra points out making me nudge her again.

"There isn't going to be one." Rachel laughs nervously.

"Rachel, I have been to bachelorette parties and they always end up having a stripper." Lyra points out while grabbing my hand and pulling me away.

"We will come back in a few." I lie while heading out the door.

"What kind of party was that?" Lyra asks while we get into the car and start driving to the nearest club. We both walk in to see the whole place is filled with people dancing and grinding. Girls barely wearing clothes dancing on poles while men throw money at them like they are simply entertainers and not actual human beings. 

"Care for a dance?" a man asks with a smirk. I put my hand into his after chugging down a drink. Simply, he pulls me to the crowded dance floor and we start dancing. 

(Ace's perspective)

It is so boring just sitting here doing nothing. Max sitting on the ground with his phone in his hands while he texts people.

"Apparently there was a bachelorette party that Beth and Lyra just left from because there wasn't a stripper." Max jokes while shaking his head while texting then he is silent.

"What?" I ask while looking at him with confusion. Then he turns the phone and lets me see. It is a video of a man and Beth grinding against each other. She is probably drunk. I don't think she would ever let a guy do that to her. Then Max gets a face-time from Lyra so we answer it.

"You guys better come down here. I think Beth had too much to drink." Lyra states. She looks exhausted like she hasn't gotten any sleep for days.

"That bad?" Max asks her.

"Definitely." she answers.

"I'm not surprised. She parties hard." I state while grabbing my car keys and heading to the door. Max staying behind while I head to the club to try to pull Beth away from this idiot. I wear a black button up shirt that has the top buttons unbuttoned while my sleeves are rolled up to my forearms. A pair of jeans on my legs and a pair of black fancy shoes on my feet while my hair is pulled back by a little bit of gel which gives it a neat look but still slightly messy. Girls dig that, apparently. I enter the club to see lights flashing everywhere while Lyra approaches me with concern.

"I think I lost her." she states.

"If I catch this motherfucker naked on top of Beth, I will shoot his brains out of his idiotic head." I yell harshly while looking through the crowd trying to find her until seeing her at the bar drinking with some guy. A different one. Then he says something making her laugh until he pulls her to the dance floor. His hands on her waist while she moves her hips to the music. A smile on her lips while she turns her body to press her lips against his. Then I see his lips moving to her neck so I approach them.

"Ace." she moans making my jaw drop. She thinks that is me. Or maybe she is thinking about me. Why is this throwing me off so much?

"Hey, that is my girl." I say making the guy back off completely leaving Beth standing there with a grin.

"Ace, what the hell are you doing here?" she asks with widened eyes making me roll my eyes and place my hands on her waist while we sway to the music playing. She was tense but now she is completely relaxed at my touch.

"I'm taking you home before you end up drinking too much." I state while taking hold of her hand.

"You are a party pooper." she points out.

"Really? You think that?" I ask her. She nods with a pout before I press my lips against hers. Her arms wrapping around my neck while pulling me closer to her. Beth's body shoving against mine until I pull away with heavy breathing.

"Ace_" she starts.

"Yea, I get it. You don't want to admit your feelings." I interrupt while walking. Her body following behind me.

"I'm going to take her home so she gets some sleep for the wedding tomorrow." I explain to Lyra before leaving the club and taking her home.