Chapter 17

I wake up in a warm bed with grey sheets covering my body. I wear a long shirt that I found in this room that hangs down to my mid thigh. My hair is pulled up into a messy bun while I check to see if the door is unlocked so I can try to sneak out until seeing Ace in the kitchen humming to something.

"I always catch you in the kitchen." I mumble while leaning against the door frame.

"And I always catch you in my clothes. You look better." he says with a grin as he cooks breakfast.

"I should get going." I explain.

"Yea you should. School is tomorrow and you need to start getting ready for it." Ace mumbles sarcastically.

"What? You don't go to school anymore?" I ask in confusion with crossed arms. He rolls his eyes before turning off the stove to look up at me.

"I don't find much need to go to school but I still end up going." he answers honestly.

"Really. Of course you do." I state sarcastically before making a cup of coffee then freezing completely when two hands touch my waist holding my back into a muscular chest.

"Ace_" I start warningly until a familiar voice speaks up.

"Well this is a surprise." Victoria says. I instantly turn around to push Ace away only to see Victoria standing there with a warm smile.

"Morning." I say rubbing my neck awkwardly.

"You two look very... cozy." she says while eating some of the breakfast before heading upstairs to shower.

"I'll drive you home if you want. I have some extra clothes." Ace explains while pointing upstairs. I nod before following after him and watching him pick out some clothes before handing them to me.

"They are simple but okay I guess." he admits.

"Do you plan on leaving or do I have to change in front of you." I say stubbornly.

"Well I have already seen you without clothes_" he starts with a smirk until I push his chest away and head into the bathroom to put on the clothes. A white shirt with leggings and tennis shoes. My hair pulled up into a messy bun still while I wear no makeup. I head downstairs only to see Ace in the kitchen talking with Victoria. 

"Sorry to interrupt but I really should get home." I explain.  

"It's fine, honey." Victoria says while hugging me and walking back upstairs.

"I could've taken the bus home." I mumble while walking into Ace's car.

"Yes, you could've but I'd rather not have that." he explains while driving towards my house.

"Thank you." I blurt out.

"For?" he asks.

"Finding me. Giving me a meaning present for my birthday. Saving my life. Driving me home_" I start naming lists of things but he shakes his head.

"I only found you because you told me things. I only gave you a birthday gift because I felt bad for what I did. I only saved your life because it was my fault for making you want to take it. I am driving you home because I owe you." he explains.

"No." 

"Yes."

"No."

"Stop."

"No."

"No to all of those things or no to stopping?" he asks making me laugh and shake my head. My hand hitting his shoulder while I turn around to look out the window.

"You know it is rude to hit the driver." Ace states. I shake my head before leaving his car and heading inside.

"Thank you for driving me home." I say before shutting the door.

"Thank you for saving my life." he replies while sitting in the car still. I smile before waving him goodbye and heading inside my house.