Chapter 23

I wake up with the sun hitting my face making me groan and push my head deeper into the nearest thing which happened to be the crook of a neck. My arms wrapping around a muscular broad chest. Slowly, I sit up to see Ace laying there. Then I look down to see me only in a bra. Great. Him shirtless, me in a bra. I face palm myself before going into the closet to grab something to wear. A thin strapped bodysuit that has black, red, and white stripes on it with a red leather mini skirt and black high knee boots with a stiletto heel. My hair wavy to my shoulders while my makeup remains the same except for a winged eyeliner look on my eyelids. Then I grab my black purse and head downstairs only to see Ace sitting up in bed watching me.

"Have you been watching this whole time?" I ask him in confusion while leaning against the door frame. A grin appearing on his lips before he nods.

"Dork." I state.

"Clumsy."

"Jerk."

"Prude."

"I think we get the point that we have a love hate relationship." Ace grins while running a hand through his hair before pulling on his shirt and grabbing hold of his leather jacket.

"I'll be downstairs." I say while heading downstairs so he can put on his jeans. In the kitchen, I see dad sitting there with Rachel. A planning sitting in front of them while they work out dates.

"Morning." I interrupt their thinking making them turn to see me standing there.

"Oh you cut your hair." dad says while smiling at me.

"Yea." I reply while grabbing a cup of coffee in a to-go cup with a straw.

"It looks good on you." Rachel points out while I nod awkwardly.

"Honey, we are planning the wedding to be this weekend." dad explains to me.

"But that is in a few days." I remind them with confusion.

"That is why you need to start picking out a dress to wear and you need to find a date to bring." dad explains to me making me groan with annoyance.

"I don't need or want a date." I state honestly until seeing Ace walk downstairs with tousled hair making dad grin at me.

"Well, good morning Ace." he smiles at Ace. Ace shakes his hand while grinning at me. I roll my eyes to see him approaching me to place a kiss on my forehead and take a sip from my coffee.

"Ace, would you like to come to our wedding?" dad asks him making my jaw drop while I shake my head.

"I don't_" I start.

"I would love to." Ace interrupts me with a grin while staring down at me.

"Trying to spend more time with me?" I mutter to him making him slightly nudge me with a grin of joy.

"Definitely." he says before grabbing the car keys. I grab my own so I can take my own car.

"Honey, what are you doing?" dad asks.

"I'm driving." I answer honestly.

"Why?" he asks.

"Because I am tired to relying on people." I answer.

"Ace can drive you." dad points out making me groan as Ace grabs my car keys and lays them down before taking hold of my hand to pull me outside.

"See ya." Ace says before closing the front door.

"You have no idea how much I hate you." I state.

"So you don't remember last night at all?" he asks then I remember the entire memory. That horrible nightmare. That horrible dream.

"Beth?" he asks in confusion.

"Nothing." I lie while getting inside.

"Was it the dream?" he asks.

"It just felt so real. Too real." I answer.

"Who was it about?" he asks.

"No one." I mumble before we arrive at school and I get out to see Lyra, Max, and Josie approaching us.

"So I see you got home in good time." Lyra grins at me making me roll my eyes and leave the group behind so I can grab my things from my locker until I get shoved into the lockers.

"It is about time I show you not to mess with me." Amber says while grabbing my hair and hitting my head against the lockers making me fall to the ground with dizziness. Slowly, I stand up to see her throwing a weak punch at me so I easily catch it before twisting her arm behind her back and shoving her chest to the lockers.

"Stay away from me." I whisper harshly into her ear before letting her go only for her to punch my jaw sending me wobbling backwards with a bloody lip.

"You bitch." Amber yells at me. I send her a glare before she tries to slap me but I grab her arm and shove her against the lockers.

"Yea, hurt me just like you hurt your dead mother." she screams at me knowing it will completely trigger me. Then my hand grabs her neck to choke her. She starts gagging for air until arms wrap around my waist pulling me away from Amber. Instantly, I claw at her trying to get to her again until I am completely pulled away from the scene.

"That wasn't cool, Ace_" I start.

"Really? I thought it was great." Ace says sarcastically with crossed arms.

"She said bad things about my mom!" I yell while hitting his chest until I lean my forehead again his chest and cry.

"I feel so lost." I whisper.

"It's okay." he says quietly while hugging me.

"I feel so alone."