8.

"Babe, litsen, Will-"

"Go away!"

Will choked and sobbed, rocking on his bed back and forth. He held his knees tightly, not wanting to fall off this Earth, although it already felt like he was losing gravity.

"Will, breathe. Litsen," Mike gently placed his hands on Will's knees. "Breathe in and out, okay? Can you do that for me?"

But Will was already too far gone, he felt dizzy and the whole room started to spin, making him nauseous. He was breathing too fast, hyperventilating so much he couldn't feel his fucking legs. This was it.

"M-ike-"

"Don't worry, okay? I'm here." Mike spoke softly, taking Will's hand and squeezing it gently. "You're safe here, I promise. Nothing is going to get you."

Will sealed his lips, forcing himself to breathe through his nose. He took in a deep breath, then let it go.

In.
1
2
3
4

Out.
1
2
3
4

"That's it, you're doing great." Mike said, rubbing his hand.

Will nodded slightly. He wasn't fully there, he was starting to disassociate.

A part of him felt like that was okay, because if he wasn't fully there, he wouldn't have to feel the pain.

"Will?"

Will hummed in responce, gripping onto Mike's arm.

"I'm here for you okay?" Mike said in an undertone, Will nodded. He didn't want to speak, he just wanted to stay quiet, to close his eyes and never open them again.

The room was silent except for Will's soft hiccups and sniffles. He buried his head in the crook of Mike's neck.

His heart was pounding like a drum next to his head, his hands were still trembling slightly.

"Will, I love you, okay? Remember that." Mike whispered sweetly in his ear, rubbing the scrawny boy's back.

"I love you too." Will said in a shaky voice.

A voice in his head spoke.

He doesn't love you, nobody does.

And the voice was right.