Face The Lonely Fear

While the two friends were still sitting there, simply enjoying the closeness of the other with heart and soul, with every heartbeat Gary and Robbie each perceived from their counterpart, how life in their bodies returned more and more. The freezing cold of the last five years was forgotten. Nothing, but nothing at all, could still counter it now and so it just gave the two an unspeakably good and warm feeling. One they wanted to enjoy as long as possible. In order to leave the eternal shadow of time more than at last behind.

After a felt eternity, Robbie released his little and extremely missing friend from his embrace, comprised his temples with both hands and looked in his eyes until he could make up his own reflection. As well as a burning flame still blaze in Gary joyfully. Well, probably less than more.

"I don't believe it. You're alive!...How... how is that possible? ...How could you escape the flames and theexplosion? ...Why haven't you been more likely to come forward? I ...I wouldhave needed you!" Robbie wanted to answer several questions at once,letting Gary know how much he would have needed him.

At first, Gary Robbie could still look in the eye, but when the question arose as to why he was waiting so long to give him a sign of life, the elder could only see to the ground in shame, only stating in front of him.

"I ... I ... I don't know myself." Gary stuttered and had his problems with where to start and to find the right words.

Of course, he knew the associated backgrounds all too well, but they were those for which Robbie was guaranteed to have no understanding or, he would at least begin to believe him. In addition, Gary had built an abnormally high wall around him over the past five years, consisting mainly of self-doubt and fear of an uncertain future. The only one who could get him out of his own fortress now and he had locked himself in it was Robbie. He alone had the power to do so. But why, if he was significantly disrupting and able to unbalance his peaceful family life, should he? No. If he had already lost his own, Gary didn't want to put that on the line now and so he wondered what he was doing here. That was insane after all. Just because he wanted to have a simple and safe embrace from Robbie, he had actually dared to go underground and took the long way to be able to close him in his arms. After getting those too, Gary was really on the verge of throwing his legs back in his arms and running away once more.

"What do you mean to tell me with that ...you don't know? ...I beg you, Gaz. You cannot tell me in all seriousness that you have really forgotten everything. Ok. I can understand that you want to forget certain ...things... and not talk about them. I can also imagine how you were able to save yourself and then go into hiding, but please at least answer a question. ...Why didn't you already report to me much more?" Robbie didn't understand how Gary could come up with such a poor answer to him and at least wanted to know from him why he had to expose him for a full five years under constant agony and put him in with it in Ignorance left that he was still alive.

While Robbie tried to talk in with a slight incredulity to Gary that he owed him at least one answer, releasing his face again in the process, Gary continued to stare at the floor with a blank stare, whispering at one point that it was a mistake. That he wasn't allowed to show up here at all. Saying, "I'm ...I'm sorry, Rob." Gary instantly got himself back on his feet and just wanted to leave. But before he looked out the vastness again and neck over heels, Robbie was able to grab his friend on his right wrist and thus dissuaded him from his obvious plan. But to which Gary made a not exactly slightly pain-stricken sound.

"Gary. No. Wait. Don't go. Please stay. You must not disappear again. I don't want to lo... - Oh God. Gaz. I ...I really didn't want that. I am sorry. I certainly didn't want to hurt you. ...Please... please don't tell me that this bastard from back then ...well, you know..." Robbie had to prevent his sudden escape attempt at all costs by grabbing this somewhat awkward rather coarsely on his wrist and wanting to pull back down to himself.