Take A Look At Me Now - Chapter 5

<pre style="line-height: 17px; white-space: normal; color: #2a2a2a; font-size: 13px; text-align: start;">We ran through the backstage of the huge arena. To my surprise, it was more complicated than I thought. There were so many twists and turns, and Greyson ran so fast. If he wasn't grabbing my hand I'd have slipped far behind. I never thought Greyson was such a good runner. 

Finally we reached our destination. We stood outside a door. I spied through the shutters and saw that there were people already playing ping-pong. So much for having private time to ourselves. 

We both went in. And to my utmost surprise, it was Staci and Lisa playing! It was hilarious just watching two women trying to keep the ball on the table.

Greyson announced, "Mom, Staci, this is my friend, jerilyn."

Lisa: "oh, your elementary school friend?"

Greyson: "yeah..we've known each other for years..." and with that, he winked at me. I rolled my eyes and gave him the what the hell look."I'm gonna play some ping pong with her." with that, he dragged me to a corner. I was in a state of confusion. "no I just met you, why did you...?"</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 17px; white-space: normal; color: #2a2a2a; font-size: 13px; text-align: start;">"hush baby, it's alrights. It's between me and you. No one shall ever know." and with that, he placed his finger on my tender lips. "come on, let's play a game!" 

And so that's how I spent the best night of my life. Practically. We played till really late. We were both exhausted, but happy. And I won all the matches. 

"mom, Staci, could we send jerilyn home please?"

"Oh she stays here? I thought you said she was from Oklahoma."

"nah, she moved here when she was about 10."

"oh okay, I don't see why not. Lets go."

My face blushed. Did Greyson just lie for me again? Wow, Greyson the badass.

The trip back home was much shorter than I expected. I took about an hour to get here, but it felt like it took only 5 minutes to get home.

We talked alot on the bus. I never felt that at any one time that it was awkward. Greyson felt like this old pal...</pre>