{Rising Shadows}

A blazing inferno devoured a once tranquil city. Buildings crumbled, lives were lost, and the air echoed with silenced screams. Desperate for survival, terrified civilians scattered in all directions. Amidst the chaos, a little girl searched frantically for her mother.

"Mommy!" she cried out. "Mommy, where are you!?" Her pleas for her parent went unanswered as she knelt helplessly, a collapsing wall looming over her.

As the girl braced herself for the impending disaster, she felt a sudden absence of the crushing weight. Opening her eyes, she beheld a dark figure casting its shadow upon her. "Who are you, mister?" she asked, her voice trembling.

A smile curved on the man's face as he firmly gripped his sword's hilt. With a swift motion, he unsheathed the blade, cleaving the falling wall into debris and dust. Coughing amidst the aftermath, both the man and the little girl looked at each other.

"I'm Sora," he proclaimed boldly. The ground rumbled, and a colossal demon loomed before him, its voice echoing through the city.

"Mortal! How dare you interfere with my feast!" The demon's thunderous voice reverberated.

Maintaining his focus on the towering demon, Sora tilted his head slightly, allowing the girl to hear him. "Hey, kid. What's your name?" he inquired.

"I'm Sayu," she answered, fear etched across her face.

"Sayu, I want you to get as far away from here as possible. Your mother should be at the city entrance where people were heading. Can you find your way there?" he asked urgently.

"Yes, I know the way!" she replied, determination shining through her fear.

"Then get out of here as fast as you can," Sora urged cryptically. A horde of demons began to emerge from the distance behind the towering demon. "...You don't want to witness this."

Sayu nodded, understanding the gravity of the situation, and sprinted away as fast as her legs could carry her. Before Sora could confront the demon, it swatted him through a nearby building, shattering concrete and glass.

"Where do you think you're going, insignificant pest!?" the immense demon bellowed, attempting to strike down Sayu with a powerful blow. "DIE BY THE HAND OF BALROG!" it roared.

But Sora intercepted, gripping the demon's fist with a single hand. "Hey, buddy! Don't think I'll go down that easily!"

"That's impossible! You should be dead!" Balrog, the demon, started to sweat. No one, dead or alive, had ever halted his punch with mere bare hands.

Grinning with excitement, adrenaline coursing through his veins, Sora tightened his grip on Balrog's massive arms and hurled him into a cluster of abandoned cars. Though it only served to momentarily annoy the demon, Balrog brushed off the minor discomfort, plucking off the pebbles clinging to his body.

"So, you're strong. It matters not to me. My demon power transcends that of any human tenfold!" Balrog boasted.

"I couldn't care less about your power. If you have a complaint, you can express it to the tip of my sword as I drive it through your heart," Sora retorted, his voice oozing with confidence.

"INSOLENT MORTAL!" the demon roared, charging toward Sora with a wild swing of its colossal fist.

But before the blow could reach Sora's range, something happened too fast for the demon to anticipate. In the blink of an eye, its movement abruptly halted, and Sora's sword was raised vertically. Sora held his weapon over his shoulder, grinning up at Balrog.

"I think it's time for you to split," the young warrior coolly remarked.

A white line materialized, cleaving Balrog's body from head to toe, as his parts fell to the ground, consumed by black and purple flames. Sora spun his sword around and sheathed it, gazing into the horizon where countless demons approached.