{To The End}

"There is none that stand in my way now. Alpha and Omega, Life and Death, Damnation and Salvation...I am all now. I now stand upon the apex of reality!" Gierfreed screams into the evening sky.

Unbeknownst to him though, his enemies, Sora and Elizabeth had survived the mass explosion of energy but were in no condition to even pose a threat to him. The two had been separated from each other. Elizabeth to the far left, and Sora to the right of where the explosion began.

Sora awoke from his unconscious state, ears ringing and blood leaking from various parts of his body. He searches the area from where he sat for Elizabeth but couldn't find her.

"Hey! Elizabeth!" He'd shout, trying to get her to answer.

He tries to pull himself together, still keeping that fighting spirit within him. There was something of importance missing from his person, however. The Masamune and the pistol were not near him. He digs through the rubble to uncover where his weapons could be, but it was useless, they were no longer in his reach anymore.

While Sora had been busy looking for his gear, Elizabeth was forcing her body to move, through her determination to finish the battle. As long as Gierfreed remained alive, all of Earth was in danger from his menacing power.

"I...I have to...stop him..." She thought.

As he was scanning around the barren land, Sora noticed Elizabeth dragging her body towards Gierfreed.

"Damn it, 'Liz! You can't beat him by yourself!" He'd exclaim.

Sora would try to get up and run after her, but he felt a crippling pain in his left leg that halted his movement. He soon realized many of the bones in his leg were broken.

"Damn it, why did my body have to break now!?" He'd angrily say in his thoughts.

Elizabeth caught up to her herculean uncle, attempting to oppose him once more with her dimming of light bow and arrow. Gierfreed was dumbfounded that she managed to survive but knew from a close examination that she was edging on the brink of death.

Her body was in a state of fighting to stay alive. The determination came not from her want to kill, but she wouldn't go down until her uncle was put to an end.

"It seems you've reached the climax of your existence, Elizabeth. You had a very great chance of being apart of a perfect world in the beginning, but, as fate would have it, you now face death at my own power," Gierfreed sneered.

"You're a monster–a man drunk with power! When my father was alive, all you'd do is sit there plotting...they didn't know it, but I did. I watched your every move, and everything that you did was for the sake of yourself and no one else!"

"What you think you may or may not have seen does not matter to me, but for you to dare impugn my honor–my pride and legacy that all I've done is for my own sake, then you're just the slow-witted wench that I thought of you always being!" Gierfreed howled out.

Elizabeth forgets using her weapon and jabs Gierfreed in the jaw.

She tries to push down on his face with her fist, but her blow wasn't nearly powerful enough to even rattle Gierfreed from his position.

"You're no longer in any position to harm me," Gierfreed said.

Her attacks proved to have no power behind them as she kept throwing continuous slow and feeble punches.

"Enough,"

Gierfreed raised the back of his hand across Elizabeth's face. She fell on her side, taking deep breaths.