{Arrogance of a False God}

The stakes are even higher now. Sora not only must deal with Gierfreed once again, but also prepare for whatever tricks that mysterious book has in store.

Sora nudges Elizabeth to get closer so that he can plan their next attack.

"So how are we going about this?" he asked.

"I...I don't know. Don't you have any more spells that could work?" Elizabeth asked.

"Well, I got a few, but that black thing he's got protecting him won't leave me an opening to use them."

The pair attempt to devise a strategy, but Gierfreed won't allow them to do so easily. With his patience growing thin, he decides to make the attack against them with his shadow.

The shadow bears a demonic grin as it dashes towards the duo. Sora pushes Elizabeth away as he blocks the blow with his sword.

Its punch immediately brought the blade down again, making it impossible for Sora to lift.

"Damn it, not again!" Sora cried out.

"Your defenses are useless against my power," Gierfreed boasted.

His beast throws another punch, this time aiming down at Sora's head.

"Shut up!" Sora shouted.

Sora narrowly evades the blow, dropping his sword in the process.

"Still quick on your feet, can't say I'm surprised. However..."

Being levitated off his feet, Sora was now floating into the sky unexpectedly.

"You're still in my range!" Gierfreed howled.

Gierfreed's shadow threw a blow at Sora's stomach, generating a black and purple spiral into it that blew a hole through his back.

The blow possessed the weight of a mountain as it collided with Sora. Crushing his abdomen leaving him in excruciating pain.

"SORA!" Elizabeth screamed in horror.

Elizabeth stands frozen in fear, as the shadow launched Sora's bloodied body unto a pile of rubble.

She desperately tries to form an arrow, but her resolve is far too weak.

"It seems your fiery heart of a lion, has turned into one of a mouse. This pitiful state does not suit someone who shares my blood, it is unsightly. As my kin, I will show you mercy and give you a quick death." Gierfreed boasts.

. . . 

In an ominous, dark void, there were dozens upon dozens of rectangular prisms spread out in unorthodox positions. Some overlapped each other, and some were chipping away little by little.

"This world is dying, Sora. You...are dying..." a voice spoke softly to him.

The voice wakes up Sora from his unconscious state. He sat in a seemingly endless river of blood that the rectangular prisms were stacked upon.

"Where am I?" Sora questioned.

"You're not dead, not yet,"

"That doesn't answer my question. Who the hell is even speaking?"

"But one are we, and we as one, forever be, even in the dying sun..." the voice said, making an odd riddle.

"Listen, jackass!"

Sora jumped up on his feet, looking for where the voice was coming from.

"Give me a straight answer! Stop beating around the brush!"