{The Masamune}

In his hour of preparation for his journey, Sora's loss kept fading in and out of his mind. It wasn't like him to lose a battle so easily, nor was it common at all. Daro placed a hand on his shoulder to give him reassurance that everything was going to be okay.

He led him outside and pointed his nephew in the direction of where Alister would be. Sora took one of the motorcycles from his uncle's garage and drove off in that direction as Daro waved goodbye. In just a few hours, he arrived at Valwind, a desolate city with trees broken down to ash and the river dried out to the dirt.

"No wonder nobody lives in this damn place anymore... " he jested. " ...now If I were a demon where would I hide?" he says to himself.

A growl and snarl arose from behind him which lingered into his ears, alerting him to the danger that was around the area. Many voices called out the word 'human' to scare Sora, but their whispers hadn't affected him. One of the hiding demons came out and lunged at him. Sora's sword was immediately stabbed into its mouth.

"You know, the point of whispering is to make sure I can't hear you." he teased them once more while throwing the demon off of his sword.

The others that were hidden then revealed themselves and all charged at Sora simultaneously. He cut down each demon that came, leaving no mercy shown. His swordsmanship proved to be too much for them to overcome. They'd all stop and breathe in. A red glow shined out of their mouths that Sora quickly noticed. He looked around for something to shield himself with as he expected them to fire an energy blast. The demons would all do so, hoping to kill Sora with their last choice of attack. The smokescreen created from their blasts obscured their sight of Sora.

"Is he dead!?" one of the demons asked each other.

Their question was answered when Sora revealed himself to be alive, shielding his body with two demons. He grinned while chuckling to under his breath and threw the lifeless corpses of the no-skinned demons to their allies.

"I'm just getting started with you guys!" he shouted.

[...]

Elizabeth, the voluptuous daughter of one of the Three Kings met up with Vlad, her fiancé at an undisclosed tunnel only known to them. Elizabeth stopped walking and leaned against the walls, filled with melancholy, which Vlad was curious about.

"Elizabeth, is there something wrong?" he asked.

"That guy you fought... " she attempted to remind him. " ...you remember him, right?"

"Of course, is there something that troubles you about him?"

"He was ready to die to protect his home, even if that meant defying the power of God. That honestly says a lot about a man."

Vlad comforted Elizabeth, wrapping his arms around her waist. "And what importance does this have?" he inquired.

Elizabeth ran her hands down Vlad's face. "Don't you remember when you used to be like that? Ready to die even if that meant protecting me?" she eased her fingers over the scar on his neck.

"What are you saying, Elizabeth?"

"While I don't condone his efforts to kill my father, I just wonder, do you not see yourself in him?"

Vlad held her closer, running his fingers through her hair. "The thought frightens me greatly."

[...]