Nine

Dear diary.

I've never seen anyone so ...nice? —is that a word I can use, or should it be.... I don't know...

I didn't want to go to the academy today. Not because of what happened yesterday, but because I was tired. I have a strain in my neck which I was trying to rub out even when I was entering the little institute.

The teacher told me as politely as he could to , "stay out until I call you in" for the class had started half-an-hour from now.

I did.

I stood out side the classroom and waited. Somewhere in between my waiting, I got bored and decided to pull out a book. So, I stood there, my nose buried in the text book by the wall.

The class was over after an hour. The teacher left and I picked up my bag and then—

"Excuse me?" I heard a voice. It was so small, it must been my imagination. I swung my bag over my shoulder.

"Reza?" This time the voice was louder. I turned back to find Azra standing there.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"What?" I asked. What the...

"Yesterday..." she continues. "...it was all my fault. I'm so sorry."

Was she actually apologising for something which want her fault? It was the other guy's.

"It wasn't your fault." I told her shaking my head.

She paused.

"It-it was." She stutters. "I-I should've been m-more careful. It wa-was all my—"

"It wasn't your fault." I tell her.

She paused again, this time for longer. Did she remain worried for such a simple thing all day? Oh God, this girl!

Come to think of it, it was my fault at the first place. I shouldn't have asked her. Then was that stupid guy. Azra was innocent. Yet she thinks it's her fault. I feel a little ashamed.

"So you have forgiven me?" She asked, Her voice small.

This time I actually laughed. "It wasn't your fault, Azra."

She smiled and then left.

After that, I kept thinking what an idiot I was.

-Reza.