Chapter 6

Amy's POV

"Oh, there they are." Diana pointed out, making me turn to the small group of people at my right. I smiled brightly, as I saw all of them there, waiting for me with a big sign, that read, 'Welcome Back!'

Manuel was standing there with his parents, a bright smile on his face as he saw me reaching for them. Amber, Rachel and little Ethan were also there, smiling at us. Even Vision was quietly sitting by their side, his ears perking up in excitement as soon as he spotted Lily. And I clearly saw as her eyes lit up when she saw him.

I walked quickly through the airport, eating to get to them as quickly as I could. At that point, I could hardly hold back my own tears, as I ran towards them, wasting no time in bringing Manuel into a tight hug, feeling his muscular arms basically crushing me. But I couldn't deny that I enjoyed that feeling, a sense of familiarity and safeness taking completely over me as he held me in his arms.

"God, I missed you so much!" I breathed out, still not letting go of him. He just laughed, lifting me off of the floor, with little effort as he hugged me tighter.

"I missed you too, Ames!" He beamed, before setting me down on the floor again, and letting me go of his bone crushing embrace. I then turned towards João and Maria.

"You guys came too!" I said excitedly, hugging them both, as they laughed cheerfully.

"Of course we did!"

"Do you really think we would miss the chance to pick you up at the airport?" They both said at the same time, making me chuckle lowly. Seeing them was always great.

I then turned around quickly, as I heard Lily's high-pitched laughter, only to see her pouncing on Vision, the big German Shepherd that was always with Rachel. The dog seemed to be visibly taken a back for a second, but soon enough started waggling his tail, as he licked Lily's face.

Amber frowned as she saw her dog basically covering Lily in drool, Ethan laughed cheerfully in her arms as he watched the scene. Rachel though, only smirked, hearing the commotion. I smiled, looking up at her.

She was beautiful, fair white skin and auburn hair that reached down to her waist. I didn't know what colour her eyes were though, I had never seen them, as they were always hidden behind her shades. But I couldn't deny that the glasses suited her as well, giving her a classy and mysterious look.

"Vision, knock it off!" Amber commanded, holding Ethan in her arms, and immediately the dog sat back, lowering his ears in defeat. Which only made Rachel laugh lowly.

"You're too hard on him, babe." She commented, resting her head on her wife's shoulder, but Amber only shrugged.

"I spent a lot on his training, I do expect him to be in his best behaviour, always." She said, making me laugh slightly, as I turned to them, giving them both a quick hug, before kissing Ethan on the cheek.

"How are you guys doing?" I asked, looking slightly at Diana, who was now saying her hellos to Manuel and his parents.

"Things have been great, thanks for asking! What about you, Amy?" Amber asked warmly, making me smile.

"Well, working a lot, but I'm not complaining. If anything, I feel like it's what I've been born to do" I answered, making her laugh.

"Huh, you and Diana are one and the same." She said, still laughing slightly, but that only made her wife snort playfully.

"Are you really complaining about people overworking? You?" She teased, making Amber huff.

"You know, instead of giving me a hard time, why don't you go control your dog, that mind you, is drooling all over Lily again." She answered, making Rachel laugh.