Chapter 4

Snake bites chapter 4

"I'm Kevin Keller, Betty's true best friend no matter what those losers say," Kevin spoke first extending a hand out in Sweetpea's direction. Sweetpea grabbed it noticeably harder than Kevin was used to but not in a mean way.

"Nice to meet ya." Sweetpea turned his head to the other side of the booth to look at Veronica and Archie.

Veronica smiled at him. "I'm Veronica Lodge, Betty's bestie" she gave Kevin a pointed glare. "And Archie's girlfriend." She didn't reach out her hand but smiled genuinely at him.

When Archie didn't say anything Veronica turned to him nudging him in the side.

"Archie." He didn't even look up from the food he had in front of him.

"Sweet now I know ALL of Betty's buddy's." Sweetpea chuckled when he said it finding it funny hearing himself say something that corny.

"Not all of them," Archie muttered under his breath.

"Archie!" Both Betty and Veronica yelled. Kevin glared at him opting out of the yelling. Sweetpea looked confused.

"So who am I missing then? Can I meet 'em?" Sweetpea said the second question with fake enthusiasm.

"Jughead!" Archie finally looked at Sweetpea.

"Well, as a matter of fact, I do know your precious little Jughead 'cause if you haven't noticed I'm a serpent just like your boy. And last I knew he let her go but please if I'm wrong, inform me. You obviously know more than me and are way better than me too."

Archie looked back to his food not even having an answer.

"Ohh not so tough without your gun now are you, Andrews. It's probably for the best I mean your girlfriend here could use it better than you." Everyone at the table turned to Archie so astonished.

"What did you do Arch?" Betty asked barely above a whisper. He didn't respond. "Archie! What. Did. You. Do?" She was clenching her fists under the table knowingly drawing blood from her palms.

"Your Mr. perfect here came to my turf and threatened ME with his precious gun. Didn't even hesitate either." Sweetpea intervened when it became obvious Archie wasn't going to answer.

"You didn't?" Veronica asked scooting just slightly farther from him in the booth.

"In my defense, he pulled his knife first. Why didn't he tell you that part!?" Archie was gesturing with his arm across the table to Sweetpea.

Sweetpea remained calm while he spoke. "You came to my turf tagged your symbol on my things. I asked you to leave nicely but you didn't. I brought out my knife you brought out your gun. I don't see how that's fair." Sweetpea tilted his head ever so slightly in a cocky manner knowing he had the upper hand.

Betty looked over to Sweetpea finally taking her eyes off Archie, she smiled slightly at the gesture thinking it was one of the most adorable things he'd ever done. She unclenched her fists slightly at the gesture.

"That's what I thought. If you're gonna be mad at least be right Andrews. I won't hesitate this time." Sweetpea stared at Archie from across the table even though he was still looking at his food.

Sweetpea looked at his friends when it became apparent that Archie wasn't going to say anything. They waved him over. He looked at Betty putting his hand on the table close to her before standing over the chair leaning in to kiss her.

"Got to go babe see ya later." he winked before sliding the chair in place and walking back to his friends. Betty couldn't keep the smile off her face while he left the dinner.